Learn English at a High School Campus in North Vancouver, live with a homestay family, and explore stunning Vancouver.
Learn English on a Canadian high school campus, centrally located in tranquil and stunning North Vancouver! Experience typical Canadian student life as you access the school's facilities and fields for break time, and eat lunch in the cafeteria. This North Vancouver cultural and language immersion program has been running for more than 15 years and is available for young learners aged 9-12* and teens aged 13-17.
*Students aged 9-12 must have a parent, older sibling aged 16+, or a guardian present in Vancouver during the program.
2023 PROGRAM START DATES
1 week: Jul 2; Jul 9; Jul 16; Jul 23; Jul 30; Aug 6
2 weeks: Jul 2; Jul 9; Jul 16; Jul 23; Jul 30
3 weeks: Jul 2; Jul 9; Jul 16; Jul 23
4 weeks: Jul 2; Jul 9; Jul 16
5 weeks: Jul 2; Jul 9
6 weeks: Jul 2
Young Learners: 9-12 years old
Teen Program: 13-17 years old
Experience local culture by staying with an ILSC Vancouver homestay family.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Single room
- BATHROOMS: Shared
- AMENITIES: Laundry machines and wireless internet provided
- AVERAGE TRAVEL DISTANCE FROM NORTH VANCOUVER CAMPUS: 45 - 60 minutes (maximum of 75 minutes)
- ESTIMATED PUBLIC TRANSPORT FEES: $45 CAD per week
- MEALS: 3 meals per day
Homestay families provide detailed instructions on how to travel from the homestay to the North Vancouver high school campus. Students also receive a 24- hour emergency phone contact for additional support.
Attend specialized junior English classes at a high school campus in North Vancouver.
- NUMBER OF LANGUAGE LEVELS: 5 Levels
- NUMBER OF LESSONS: 30 lessons (25 hours) per week
- NUMBER OF STUDENT PER CLASS: 16 max
- CONTENT: Academic reading, grammar, vocabulary, essay writing, speaking and listening
- STUDY SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- CERTIFICATE: End of course certificate and student progress reports provided
Explore Vancouver through two weekday activities & a full-day excursion every week
WEEKDAY ACTIVITIES: Students have two half-day weekday excursions included in their package each week. Students will connect and strengthen new international friendships while they take part in supervised fun educational activities that include visits to local attractions, sports, and games.
FULL-DAY WEEKEND EXCURSION: On the weekend, students will spend one full day (either Saturday or Sunday) on an adventure to discover some of the local attractions and destinations. Weekend excursions could include trips to Victoria BC, Whistler, whale watching, and more.