Visas & Insurance

ILSC provides general information about visa requirements in our country of study; however, this information is subject to change, and is determined by the designated government bodies in each country. For the most accurate and up to date visa information, please visit the links listed, or contact ILSC.

ILSC recommends that all students have valid medical insurance to cover them for the duration of their stay. In some locations, medical insurance coverage is a requirement for securing your visa.

You can find out if you need a visa, and what type of visa you need, using the government of Canada’s "Come to Canada Wizard.” General visa information follows.

Please note the following changes are relevant to those who apply for study permits and visitor visas:

Starting July 31, 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
Starting December 31, 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you are from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas.

For full details, please read here.



International students who wish to study in Canada for up to 6 months may need a Visitor Visa depending on the country for which they hold a passport. Please check the list of Countries and Territories Whose Citizens Require Visas in order to enter Canada as visitors.



Students do not need a "Study Permit" for study programs that last 6 months or less.

If you plan to study in Canada for longer than 6 months, you must obtain a Study Permit and, for ILSC Montréal applicants, a Certificate of Acceptance for Quebec (CAQ.) These are available through your local Canadian Embassy.

Students may apply for a Study Permit even if they are going to study for 6 months or less. If students are coming for less than 6 months and are thinking of possibly extending their studies to more than 6 months, they should apply for a Study Permit in their home country. Students can extend their Study Permit from within Canada, but they cannot get a Study Permit from within Canada.

Students will need to include the DLI* number for their chosen ILSC Language Schools location when applying for their study permit:

 ILSC Vancouver DLI: O19275396842

 ILSC Toronto DLI: O19375697742

 ILSC Montréal DLI: O19359201512**

*Designated Learning Institution

** ILSC Montréal has a framework affiliation agreement with CEGEP de la Gaspésie et des Îles, and shares the same DLI number. If you register to study at ILSC Montreal, you will be issued a joint Letter of Acceptance including the logos of both schools.


Please obtain private medical insurance for your first six months.


Please obtain private medical insurance before your arrival. Provincial medical plans do not cover international students.

You can purchase medical insurance through ILSC. Click to learn more about our insurance partners.

All students planning to study at ILSC Australia will require an appropriate visa. The following is general information. Visa regulations are determined by the Immigration Department in Australia and are subject to change. Please verify visa information with the nearest Australian Embassy or Consulate. Please refer to the following website to determine what type of visa you will need to study at ILSC Australia: Visa Options.



Students applying for a Student Visa must be enrolled for Full-Time study and submit an electronic confirmation of enrollment from the school, along with the appropriate visa paperwork. On approval from Australian immigration a Student Visa will be issued for the duration of your studies, and allows students to get permission to work 24 hours a week, with some restrictions.



Students who apply for and receive a Working Holiday Visa can study for up to 17 weeks and can work full-time for a maximum of 6 months for one employer. Students on this visa are responsible for arranging their own heath and travel insurance.



There are other visas that may allow study options as part of their conditions. Please check with the immigration link above or with the closest embassy or consulate. However, students with focused long term study needs should come on a Student Visa.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a compulsory requirement for a student visa.

ILSC can arrange the purchase of OSHC for all students enrolled at our school. Click to learn more about our insurance partners.

ILSC Australia is proud of the global agent partners we work with. We foster strong relationships with our partners as we understand the important role they play in helping our students. Our agents can help you by providing information on courses we offer and assist in preparation for departure.

Click below to find an agent in your country.


The length and type of visa available to you will vary depending on your country of citizenship.

Please check with your local Indian embassy or consulate for current information about visa applications, or contact inquiry@ilsc.in for assistance.

ILSC highly recommends that students acquire travel health coverage for the duration of their stay in India.