Explore sunny Brisbane’s laid-back culture while you learn English and live with a homestay family.
Hip, eclectic and relaxed Brisbane offers a world of Australian discovery for international teen learners. Study English and live with a supportive homestay family. The Sunshine State combines all the exciting elements of big city living with beaches, nature, and a warm and welcoming community feel.
PROGRAM START DATES
2022 Summer: Jan 2, Jan 9, Jan 16, Jan 23, Jan 30, Feb 6
13-17 years old
Experience local culture by staying with an ILSC Brisbane homestay family.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Single room
- BATHROOMS: Shared
- AMENITIES: Laundry machines and wireless internet provided
- AVERAGE TRAVEL DISTANCE FROM CAMPUS: 45 minutes or less
- ESTIMATED PUBLIC TRANSPORT FEES: $50-$75 AUD per week
- MEALS: 3 meals per day
Homestay families provide detailed instructions on how to travel from the homestay to our downtown ILSC Brisbane campus. Students also receive a 24- hour emergency phone contact for additional support.
Attend specialized junior English classes at our ILSC Brisbane campus.
- NUMBER OF LANGUAGE LEVELS: 5 Levels
- NUMBER OF LESSONS: 19 (16 hours per week)
- NUMBER OF STUDENT PER CLASS: 18 max
- CONTENT: Academic reading, grammar, vocabulary, essay writing, speaking and listening
- STUDY SCHEDULE: Monday to Thursday from 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM and Fridays from 8:30 - 11:15 AM
- CERTIFICATE: End of course certificate and student progress reports provided
Explore Brisbane through afternoon activities & a full-day excursion every week.
AFTERNOON ACTIVITIES: Young students connect and strengthen new international friendships while they take part in fun activities that include visits to local attractions, sports and games.
WEEKEND ACTIVITIES: Students enjoy a full-day excursion on Saturday. Activities could include visits to the Gold Coast, Dreamworld Amusement Park, and more. On Sunday, junior students will spend the day getting a cultural immersion experience with their homestay family.