Explore Vancouver’s amazing natural beauty while you learn English and live on campus.
In our Residential Junior summer camp program, you’ll live in UBC’s Totem Park residence, study English on campus, and connect with other international teen students throughout your entire program. Experience an exciting combination of beautiful Vancouver, and prestigious UBC!
WHAT TO EXPECT
PROGRAM START DATES
2021: Jun 27, Jul 4, Jul 11, Jul 18, Jul 25, Aug 1
10-17 years old
Students live and dine within the UBC Totem Park Residence.
- CAPACITY: 200
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Single rooms (limited double rooms available upon request)
- BATHROOMS: Shared, 1:6
- LAUNDRY: Coin-operated machines available
- INTERNET: Wireless internet available in student common spaces
- STUDENT TO STAFF RATIO: 1:15
- MEALS: 3 meals per day
Classes take place within the UBC academic facilities.
- NUMBER OF LANGUAGE LEVELS: 5 Levels
- NUMBER OF LESSONS: 17 (15 hours per week)
- NUMBER OF STUDENT PER CLASS: 16 max
- ENGLISH COURSE CONTENT: Academic reading, grammar, vocabulary, essay writing, speaking and listening
- CERTIFICATE: End of course certificate and student progress reports provided
Teen students enjoy a social program that combines on-site activities, evening activities and off-site trips.
AFTERNOON ON-SITE ACTIVITIES: Students are offered a selection of onsite afternoon activities every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Activities include group sports, as well as performing and visual arts options. Options available vary from week to week.
EVENING ACTIVITIES: Activities include scavenger hunts, sports evenings, student performances and dance parties.
OFF-SITE ACTIVITIES: 4 off-site activities per week. Activities may include: Whistler, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Playland Amusement Park, Stanley Park and more.