|Location Available||Vancouver, Toronto|
Any study length
Full-Time Intensive or Full-Time
VANCOUVER START DATES:
TORONTO START DATES:
Any Monday year-round, except the last week of the session
Students must be 12-17 years old
Students age 16-17 may also take ILSC’s regular ESL study, which places them with students age 16 and up, and allows them to choose from our variety of courses and programs.
ILSC's ESL-High School Bridge Program provides specially designed English curriculum for young learners aged 12-17. The program also offers a great first step for students wanting to improve their English language skills before entering a Canadian secondary or high school.
- Learn the English you need for success in high school
- Choose from various schedules to get the study intensity you need
- Study with students who have the same needs as you do
- Build confidence using English in academic and social situations
- Qualified, experienced teachers deliver classes suited to youth
What You'll Learn
Learn English in a dynamic classroom environment where you will connect and communicate with other students in your age group. Choose from 2 schedule options depending on the study intensity you need. The ESL–High School Bridge Program is also the perfect transition for students interested in attending a Canadian high-school.
Academic reading, grammar, vocabulary, paragraph and essay writing will be taught in dynamic and interesting ways. Practice speaking and listening through discussion topics that are important for today’s youth and that pay particular attention to cultural diversity.
Weekly quizzes and assessments will show your progress. Formal written assessments (Student Progress Reports) will be provided at the end of the program.
ESL–HIGH SCHOOL BRIDGE PROGRAM SCHEDULE OPTIONS*
Junior students can choose from 2 schedule options. Full-time (9:00 AM - 2:30 PM) and Full-time Intensive (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM) students get our full ESL–High School Bridge Program curriculum and will progress the fastest.
|9:00 – 10:30 AM||EAP||ECM||EAP||ECM||EAP|
|10:30 – 10:45 AM||Break|
|10:45 AM – 12:00 PM||ECM||EAP||ECM||EAP||ECM|
|12:00 – 1:00 PM||Lunch Break||no class|
|1:00 – 2:30 PM||Reading Foundation||Writing
|2:30 – 2:45 PM||Break|
|2:45 – 4:00 PM||Writing
*Schedules are samples only and are subject to change.
EAP (English for Academic Purposes)
- Grammar focus, vocabulary acquisition, academic listening practice
- Reading and writing for academic achievement
ECM (English Communication)
- Focus on fluency; listening, pronunciation and speaking
- Content based language learning, social issues, science, culture, current events
- Language Arts, reading skills, comprehension, expressing opinion
- Essay Writing, from paragraph to success, research, style and format