Learn English and explore Vancouver’s culture and stunning natural landscapes as a family.
Vancouver’s mountains, ocean, forests, and city sights offer the perfect backdrop for a family English study adventure. Parents join our 30 Plus program at ILSC Vancouver while their children take either our Junior Camp Winter Intensive at ILSC Vancouver, our Summer Junior Camp at ILSC Vancouver, or Summer Junior Camp at UBC. Planned activities for adults and families offer plenty of opportunities to explore beautiful Vancouver in this family learning experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT
1-6 weeks (summer) or 1-5 weeks (winter)
PROGRAM START DATES
2023 Summer: Jul 2, Jul 9, Jul 16, Jul 23, Jul 30, Aug 6
2024 Winter: Dec 31 (2023), Jan 7, Jan 14, Jan 21, Jan 28
9+ years old for Winter Intensive Camp and Junior Camp at UBC
13+ years for Junior Camp at ILSC Vancouver
Families can stay in a homestay for an immersive cultural experience.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Shared
- BATHROOMS: Shared
- AMENITIES: Laundry machines and wireless internet provided
- TRAVEL DISTANCE TO CAMPUS: 45 - 60 minutes (maximum of 75 minutes)
- ESTIMATED PUBLIC TRANSPORT FEES: $40/week for youth $65/week for adults
- MEALS: 3 meals per day
*Student residence accommodations available upon request; however, please note, parents of students in the Junior Program at UBC may not stay at the UBC residence.
Parents join our 30 Plus program and learn with other adults in their age group.
- NUMBER OF LANGUAGE LEVELS: 10 Levels
- NUMBER OF LESSONS: 24 (20 hours per week)
- NUMBER OF STUDENT PER CLASS: 16 max
- CONTENT: English Foundation or English Communication, plus choose from a variety of Skills Classes that meet your interests.
- STUDY SCHEDULE: Monday to Fridays from 8:30 AM- 1:00 PM
- CERTIFICATE: End-of-course certificate and student progress reports provided.
Children participate in either the Junior Camp Winter Intensive at ILSC Vancouver, our Summer Junior Camp at ILSC Vancouver, or Summer Junior Camp at UBC - check the "Learn" tab on those program pages for details about the junior camp study program.
Explore Vancouver & practice your English through exciting activities with other adults and families.
30 PLUS AFTERNOON ACTIVITIES: Parents will join other international students in the 30 plus age group twice per week for adult-friendly activities like wine-tasting, museum visits and more.
FAMILY FRIENDLY WEEKEND ACTIVITIES: Parents will join their kids for a family-friendly full-day excursion on Saturdays. Activities could include visits to Whistler, Science World, Granville Island and more. On Sunday, free time allows for family relaxation or self-guided adventures together.