|Location Available||Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne|
Session start dates
Program availability is dependent on student enrollment
Learn teaching techniques and practical classroom methods for teaching English to Young learners while you improve your own language skills.
- Learn methods for teaching English to young learners ages 2–16
- Practise your skills with your classmates by using games, songs, and more
- Provides a great introduction for students planning to take a TESOL certification in the future
All programs are part of English Language Programs for International students CRICOS Code: 060152JCRICOS Code 02137M ILSC (Brisbane) PTY LTD trading as ILSC–Brisbane, ILSC-Sydney and ILSC-Melbourne RTO Number 31564
What You'll Learn
The TESL–YL elective focuses primarily on teaching techniques and practical classroom methods. It is designed to provide initial training in teaching English to young learners in the age range of 2–16 years old.
It is intended for students with little or no previous experience of teaching English who wish to learn the skills and techniques necessary for teaching young learners. To build practical teaching techniques, students will practice doing activities, plays, games and songs that can be used in real world teaching in the future.
Topics covered in the TESL–YL Elective will include:
- TESL–YL Theory and Methodology
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
- Listening Skills
- Spoken Interaction skills
- Vocabulary and Pronunciation
- Functional Ability
- Grammar Competency
- Spoken Production and Presentation Skills
- Test Taking Skills