|Location Available||New Delhi|
4 modules/ certificate (1 module = 15 hours)
Please contact ILSC-New Delhi
Develop Hindi language skills for doing business, or to help you in your daily life in India.
- Certified and experienced native Hindi teachers
- Small class sizes and flexible start dates
- 2 certificates levels available: Beginner or Intermediate
What You'll Learn
With the ILSC–New Delhi Beginner’s Hindi Program, you will:
- Be introduced to the Hindi script and begin to read and write
- Learn basic vocabulary through speaking practice
- Practice listening with real-life dialogues and conversations
- Be exposed to basic Hindi grammar
- Learn all the important phonological features of Hindi
- Discover important cultural tips
- Practice important functional language
MODULE 1: Greetings and introductions; talking about habits and routines; simple present tense; Introduction to Hindi sound system; Hindi alphabet—letter recognition and formation; cultural point—how and when to greet someone in social situations, and non-verbal communication; language point—different pronouns for the old and the young, relationship between adjectives and gender.
MODULE 2: Talking about weather; asking about location of places; negotiating with autorickshaw driver; present continuous tense, imperatives, masculine and feminine; verbs for daily activities; dependent vowel signs; word formation; cultural point—relationship between men and women, taboos in India; language point—use of suffixes to change the politeness of commands; English loan words.
MODULE 3: Making plans; asking for prices; inquiring about availability; future tense; singular plural; nasal sounds; numbers; time expressions; colours; conjuncts and their sounds; cultural point—gift giving, and art of negotiating in India; language point—Hindi loan words in English, and colloquial expressions.
MODULE 4: Offering and asking for food; refusing politely; talking about health; expressing feelings; adjectives; possessive pronouns; influence of Arabic and Urdu; sounds of joint letters; words related to food; parts of the body; sentence formation; punctuation; cultural point: eating etiquette, and do's and don'ts in India; language point—formal vs. informal language.
With the Intermediate Hindi Program, you will:
- Learn to use Hindi freely
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of basic grammar rules
- Understand the local accent
- Use and understand difficult vocabulary and word roots
- Learn variations of functional language
- Understand and adapt to the local culture
Module I: Present activities; transitive and intransitive verbs; talking about past events; past indefinite and past perfect tenses; subject pronoun suffix; talking about past experiences; past imminent and present perfect tenses; vocabulary for touristic activities in India; vocabulary for Indian customs and traditions.
Module 2: Making requests and offers; different forms of imperatives; listening lesson; vocabulary, synonyms and antonyms; talking about abilities; giving reasons; conjunctions; talking about obligations; postpositions; feminine nouns, oblique case.
Module 3: Talking about wants and needs; masculine nouns, oblique case; making comparisons; positive, comparative, superlative adjectives; listening lesson; asking for permission; asking for information; relative-correlative pronouns; giving advice and suggestions.
Module 4: Talking about time and duration; numbers; since, for, from and until; sharing opinions, agreeing, and disagreeing; adverbs of frequency; Hindi in the kitchen; listening lesson.