Message from ILSC Regarding the Coronavirus
Updated: March 13th, 2020
ILSC schools in Canada and Australia have taken the appropriate risk management steps following Canada and Australia’s Public Health Agency’s recommendations regarding the Coronavirus.
ILSC has been diligent in notifying its faculty, staff, and students of the necessary measures to help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others by communicating proper cleaning guidelines, health-related signage, and made hand disinfectants available to all our students and staff across our campuses in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
ILSC encourages its staff and students to:
- stay home if you have a cold or flu-like symptoms, and if necessary, visit a doctor should symptoms persist prior to returning to the school;
- get a yearly influenza vaccination, available from clinics and pharmacies;
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands;
- sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm if you don’t have a tissue; and
- remain out of the school for a period of 14 days prior to returning to the school, if faculty or staff have recently travelled to a high-risk country.
ILSC has also opted to waive homestay cancellation charges and defer students’ schedules at no cost for any student that is unable to travel as a result of government-imposed travel restrictions during this time period.
As the safety of our staff and students is very important to us, we will continue to monitor the situation and will provide more updates as necessary.
For more information on the Coronavirus, please refer to the following Public Health & Government resources;
Ontario Public Health:
BC Public Health:
Government of Canada:
Australian Government – Department of Education:
Australian Government – Department of health:
World Health Organization:
Travel Advice and Advisories: