ILSC Education Group – Canada to continue online classes through April 17, 2020
March 23, 2020
ILSC and Greystone College Canada are proud to have made the move to online classes in order to continue uninterrupted classes to everyone during the COVID-19 outbreak. In Canada, more than 100 classes have now moved online to provide all of our students with a continuation of their learning experience.
In response to government guidance across Canada and the need to continue the period of self-isolation and social distancing, we have made the decision to continue online classes through April 17, 2020 (session 4). This aligns our period of online delivery across our schools in Australia, Canada and India.
In response to student and partner feedback in the Canadian schools, we have communicated the following changes to our students effective Monday March 23, 2020:
- The online language classes will continue into the afternoon. Language classes each day will be from 9.00am to 12.00pm and 1.00pm to 2.00pm, Monday to Friday, providing our Canadian language students with 20 hours of online instruction each week. Greystone classes will resume as planned, with online delivery lectures at regularly scheduled times
- Greystone Montreal classes will resume online as of March 30, 2020 following a one week break.
- Starting March 23, 2020, non-cash vouchers for future study upgrades will be given to students for any difference between the number of weekly hours booked and the actual hours delivered.
- All student feedback was reviewed by our academic teams late last week (performance, attendance, time in level), and where successful, our students have been promoted, allowing them to continue on their academic journey
- While most students can continue to use their textbook each campus has sent notifications to students via the myILSC app about how to exchange textbooks based on academic progress and course selection
- Our dedicated support teams continue to work closely with students to provide advice and guidance in their preferred language
The ILSC team is actively working to support all our students, partners, faculty and staff during these unprecedented times and we sincerely thank all involved for their support and understanding. We will continue to actively monitor the situation and will provide further updates as necessary. As ever our registrations and sales teams continue to be available to assist you and your students with changes to their study plans.
Christopher Mediratta – COO
Chris Nolan – VP Sales & Marketing