October 6, 2020
We are very excited to update you on our progress towards welcoming new students into Canada.
ILSC and Greystone College have been working closely with a group of leading private providers in the language, college, and university sectors. In consultation with medical experts and our provincial and federal governments we have created a safe and supportive plan that will allow students with a valid study permit to enter Canada to pursue their studies.
Helpful Quarantine Guide
Currently, all people arriving in Canada are required to quarantine (or isolate) for 14 days and monitor themselves for any symptoms of COVID-19. Our new quarantine guide outlines a comprehensive set of procedures we have developed to ensure students can meet the important requirements of Canada’s Quarantine Act while feeling safe, supported, and connected.
Our support begins before students leave their home country and continues during the quarantine period and throughout their studies until they finish their program or return home.
Read the guide to learn how we will:
- Help students to prepare, before they arrive.
- Meet students’ basic needs and help them feel safe and connected throughout their quarantine.
- Connect students to their classes right away from their quarantine accommodation.
- Organize COVID-19 testing before the end of quarantine to make sure it is safe for students to begin the next stage of their journey and integrate into on-campus learning.
- Monitor students’ health and support them if they show any signs of illness during quarantine, or at any time during their studies.
- Carefully manage any confirmed COVID-19 cases, if they occur, to ensure safety of all staff and students.
- Provide ongoing education to make sure students understand and follow important safety measures and government requirements during quarantine, and throughout their stay.
- Work closely with homestay and accommodation providers to ensure key safety measures are also followed outside the school.
Our Quarantine Guide reflects the best practices at the present time; however, we are monitoring government advice daily, and will update the guide as needed to reflect new insights and recommendations.
We also invite you to review our Health and Safety Plan which outlines the health and safety guidelines, training and procedures that we have implemented with our employees which are designed to keep staff and students safe, and minimize risk.
Comfortable Quarantine Accommodations
ILSC has partnered with a variety of comfortable accommodations in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montréal where students can complete their quarantine. Our selection of hotels and homestay follow approved health and safety protocols. Accommodation options will include meals, a television, and Wi-Fi so that students can enjoy their time inside during their quarantine. Check out our video to learn more:
We hope these guidelines will help your clients feel safe coming back to Canada. We know many students are hoping to re-ignite their dreams of studying in Canada, and we feel confident that our comprehensive procedures for quarantine, and throughout their studies, will help them achieve their goals.
Chris Nolan - VP, Sales and Marketing
Christopher Mediratta - Chief Operating Officer