Overseeing the front desks and administration of ILSC Vancouver, the Student Services Supervisor (SSS) is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service, efficient administrative support and processes and compliance. You will be reporting to the Director.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the team provides the highest quality customer service, including interacting with customers and potential customers and answering or directing customer enquiries to the appropriate team (including phone, email, mail and in‐person)
- Advising, developing and acting on ILSC policies and procedures, especially any administrative processes, to ensure efficiency and compliance (including PTIB, Languages Canada and EQA)
- Leading and supervising the student services team in Vancouver, including:
- Creating an inspiring team environment that is in line with ILSC’s core values
- Answering team member questions, addressing any issues and overseeing team members work for quality and guideline compliance
- Listening to team’s feedback and resolving any issues or conflicts
- Communicating goals and deadlines to team members
- Developing strategies to promote team member adherence to company performance goals
- Conducting team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Discovering training needs and providing coaching
- Generating and sharing comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission‐related objectives, and deadlines
- Liaising with and supporting other departments, in particular, student advising, academic, facilities, and accommodation, including supporting with data entry
- Leading organization of college events, including orientations, graduations, and other student, agent and partner events
- Ensuring good running of and high standards of physical space, in liaison with Facilities Manager
- Other related duties as determined by the Director
- Escalating issues to the appropriate stakeholders, as required
Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of another language also an asset
Education and Experience Required
- Post‐secondary education preferred
- 2‐3 years’ experience in student services, preferably in an international environment
- Some leadership/management experience preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to david.matthews[at]ilsc.com[dot] We thank all candidates who have applied, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.