Strategically lead and manage the student advisors and administrators. The Administrative Manager is an active member of the colleges’ management team, developing and overseeing the success of Greystone College.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- With the School Director and other management team members, develop and deliver on the colleges’ directions, plans and KPIs
- Vigorously improve the Greystone student experience when dealing with student advisors or other administrative staff
- Develop and manage an effective advisory/admin team that enables students to receive outstanding and engaging service
- Collaborate and build productive relationships between the college’s academics, administrators, student advisors, registrars, marketers and agents in order to develop and promote the College as a premium educational provider
- Coordinate the training of student advisors/administrators to work effectively on all of the relevant data bases and digital platforms needed to do their jobs
- Manage and oversea the College reception and create an inviting and engaging space that welcomes staff, visitors, and students
- Oversea, audit and monitor all compliance reporting in conjunction with the College Director
- Research, analyze and report on compliance requirements (e.g. PTIB)
- Resolve issues such as student or employers’ grievances relating to the nature of the work and performance in accordance with the College policies and practices
- Direct and manage the student advisors, administrator and student volunteer to effectively administrate the graduations, orientation days, and course starts by working closely with the academic program directors
- Administer and update our academic student database, conduct student exit interviews and all relevant reports
- Audit and manage the Greystone SharePoint drive to ensure all our filing is up to date and within the first six month of starting this position ensure that all the files from G drive are successfully transferred to SharePoint
- Create sessional reports or other statistical reports for the purpose of management review, performance evaluation, sessional review, and inputs on strategic decisions
- Assist with student support by overseeing attendance, generating class lists, and ordering all and administering all external certificates
- Managing the purchasing and ordering process of office supplies, furniture and cleaning equipment
Team leadership and management
Lead and manage the student advisory/admin team in Vancouver, including:
- Creating an inspiring team environment that is in line with ILSC group’s core values
- Answering team member questions, addressing any issues and overseeing team members work for quality and compliance
- Listening to team’s feedback and resolving any issues or conflicts
- Communicating goals and deadlines to team members
- Developing strategies to promote team member adherence to company performance goals
- Conducting team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Discovering training needs and providing coaching
- Generating and sharing comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
- Staffing your team to ensure the ongoing growth and development of the College
- Other related duties or projects as determined by the School Director
- Escalate issues to the appropriate stakeholders, as required.
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong sense of responsibility able to remain calm under pressure and remain diplomatic when reporting on compliance issues
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deal with complex administrative and student tracking processes
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to new changes to regulations and systems
- Intermediate to advanced utilization of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Education and Experience Required
- Post-secondary education preferred
- A proven track record of experience working in the vocational college sector
Please send resume and cover letter to john.ballam[at]greystonecollege[dot]com
We thank all candidates that apply, however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request as outlined within ILSC’s Employee Policy Manual.