This role is a part of the overall student services team, assisting both current and future students, helping increase local business and introducing new ideas, giving administrative support to the school, ensuring the smooth running of student activities around the school, including orientations and graduations and ensuring that campuses are maintained to a high standard.
Student and visitor inquiries:
- Ensuring excellent customer service to everyone, always.
- Assisting students with inquiries, including course inquiries, class locations, and procedures.
- Answering the phone/forwarding calls/ taking messages.
- Assisting prospective students with information about the school and programs.
- Act as a cultural counselor for student needs: these include the implementation of ILSC’s policies and procedures, socio-cultural aid, problem-solving with empathy, compassion and focused. The Student Advisor’s objective is client satisfaction.
- Advising students on their study plans, and extending to ILSC, Greystone or partner programs
- Ensure admission requirements are met.
- Act as a bridge between ILSC Department staff members, teachers, students and all other staff on cultural and individual matters.
- Assisting current students with any questions or issues they have on non-academic areas
- Maintain and update students’ file.
- File and photocopy.
- Answer emails, phone calls and direct student inquires in a timely fashion.
- Registration data entry, invoicing and issuing of study-related documentation.
- Assisting other Cultural Advisors.
- Assist in payment collections and processing.
- Cashing out cash register and create spreadsheet for payments at the end of the day.
- Registering students for various tests, taking payment and providing candidates with test information. Updating the Program Director on registrations.
- Assisting Program Directors and other managers with agreed tasks and projects.
- Invigilating tests.
- Helping teachers with the photocopier challenges.
Intakes & Reports:
- Inputting new student assessment and class allocations.
- Setting up the campus and preparing for student arrival.
- Explaining and Collecting tests.
- Coordinating with students, teachers and Program Directors.
- Printing and distributing new student’s timetables, student class lists, class activity lists and class assessment sheets for teachers; notifying other campuses to print reports.
- Projects assigned by the Student Advisor Manager.
- Complete any courier requests, including exam papers. Update records and inform appropriate person when request is complete.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Student Advisor Manager.
- Bilingual (English and Korean).
- Confident, patient, and mature.
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Friendly and professional.
- Ability to work with a team where integrity, trust, diversity, quality, and efficiency are highly valued.
- Experience in counseling and the ESL industry is an asset.
- Excellent people, organization, and time management skills and detailed oriented.
- Strong computer skills including data entry experience.
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience Required
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Experience in student services/administration, preferably in an international environment
Please send resume and cover letter to michele.pimenta[at]ilsc[dot]com. We thank all candidates who have applied, however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.