This is a full-time position involving day-to-day student interaction, assistance, and data base management. Part of this role will also be responsible for supporting instructors, other departments in the College and in ILSC and the general public.
The job areas include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible in providing professional assistance and customer service to clients by answering client queries through various methods, for example: phone, email and face to face
- Prepare reports, memos, and documents by using MS Word, Excel, and internal database
- Take payments, create invoices and file receipts
- Enter client data into database in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinate feedback efforts by connecting with various stakeholders and preparing summary of results based on data collected
- Work with other departments to maintain positive communication and process
- Oversee the front office, take care of questions and various needs of clients in a timely and professional manner
- Receive calls and transfer to appropriate staff members
- Provide excellent customer service and support to clients ensuring their wellness.
- Contribute to the growth of Greystone College’s community making the clients participants of this community.
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication, to various members of the organization
- Provide general information and assistance about photocopier, computer
- Involve in the thorough implementation of the organization’s policies
- Assist in other day-to-day admin duties as needed
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in an ESL environment
- Genuinely concerned with the welfare, academic progress and personal growth of students & able to offer appropriate advice
- Proficient knowledge of database, EXCEL, word processing, email, presentation software, basic accounting
- Works effectively in a fast paced environment and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the Post-Secondary Education System in Canada
- Experience communicating with ESL learners, other departments
- Positive attitude, ability to multi-task, willingness to learn and take on new duties and responsibilities
- A team player that works well independently with minimal supervision
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A strong supporter of ILSC’s corporate ethos and culture.
Submit resume and cover letter to Maria Barba, at Maria.Barba[at]greystonecollege[dot]com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only shorlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.