This role is a part of the overall student services team, assisting both current and future students, helping increase local business and introducing new ideas, giving administrative support to the school, ensuring the smooth running of student activities around the school, including orientations and graduations and ensuring that campuses are maintained to a high standard.
Student and visitor inquiries:
• Ensuring excellent customer service to everyone, always
• Assisting students with inquiries, including course inquiries, class locations, procedures
• Answering the phone/forwarding calls/ taking messages
• Assisting prospective students with information about the school and programs
• Advising students on their study plans, and extending to ILSC, Greystone or partner programs
• Assisting current students with any questions or issues they have on non-academic areas
• Enrolling students into a new program or an extension
• Taking tuition, homestay payments, and agent payments.
• Cashing out cash register and create spreadsheet for payments at the end of the day.
• Registering students for various tests, taking payment and providing candidates with test information. Updating the Program Director on registrations.
School community and social media:
Assist the Administrative Services Manager in school community and social media tasks, including:
• Overseeing student ambassadors
• Leading and working on agreed community projects
• Collecting and posting information for social media
• Assisting Program Directors and other managers with agreed tasks and projects
• Invigilating tests
Intakes & Reports:
• Inputting new student assessment and class allocations
• Setting up the campus and preparing for student arrival
Collecting and correcting tests
• Coordinating with students, teachers and Program Directors
• Printing and distributing new student’s timetables, student class lists, class activity lists and class assessment sheets for teachers; notifying other campuses to print reports.
• Projects assigned by the Student Services Manager
• Complete any courier requests, including exam papers. Update records and inform appropriate person when request is complete.
Strong communication skills
• Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and computer skills
• Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of another language, Turkish is preferred
Education and Experience Required
• Post-secondary education preferred
• Experience in student services/administration, preferably in an international environment
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to Monica.Leung[at]ilsc[dot]com
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.