This is a full-time position involving day-to-day student registration, counselling, and data base management. Part of this role will also be responsible for supporting the local communications activities, including social media, for ILSC Toronto.
The job areas include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a cultural counselor for student needs: these include the implementation of ILSC’s policies and procedures, socio-cultural aid, problem-solving with empathy, compassion and focused. The Studentl Advisor’s objective is client satisfaction.
- Maintain and update students’ file.
- File and photocopy.
- Ensure admission requirements are met.
- Answer emails, phone calls and direct student inquires in a timely fashion.
- Act as a bridge between ILSC Department staff members, teachers, students and all other staff on cultural and individual matters.
- Respond to questions from education partners regarding student applications, registrations or general questions about ILSC in a timely fashion.
- Registration data entry, invoicing and issuing of study-related documentation
- Assist in payment collections and processing.
- Assisting other Cultural Advisors.
- Local communications, including sharing content on ILSC Toronto’s social media platforms, participate in local communications meetings and coordinate activities such as Teacher’s Day (as outlined by the global activities calendar)
- Bilingual (English and Mandarin).
- College diploma, university degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing, Tourism and Hospitality, Counselling or Education is an asset.
- Confident, patient, and mature.
- Friendly and professional.
- Ability to work with a team where integrity, trust, diversity, quality, and efficiency are highly valued.
- Experience in counseling and the ESL industry is an asset.
- Excellent people, organization, and time management skills and detailed oriented
- Strong computer skills including data entry experience.
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment.
Submit resume and cover letter to Monica Leung, at monica.leung[at]ilsc[dot]com.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 8 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.