The Program Director, Greystone College Vancouver is responsible for providing exceptional leadership and academic management.
Reporting to the College Director, this role is responsible for the day-to-day academic operations including overseeing successful program delivery, recruiting, hiring and managing academic staff, and student support.
This role is also a part of the Greystone management team, supporting the College Director in the overall running, growth and improvement of the college.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- With the College Director, ensure high academic standards are maintained, continually reviewed and improved.
- Oversee and support programs and courses.
- Oversee the implementation of new and revised courses.
- Support students through academic advising.
- Review and evaluate all student evaluation tools (learner feedback surveys, Monthly Lesson Plans, monthly tests) and implement changes when needed.
- Liaise with student advisors and instructors regarding student concerns.
INSTRUCTOR SUPPORT AND MANAGEMENT
- Maintain a high level of quality of teaching provided at Greystone College.
- Assist in determining the staffing needs for each session, including hiring and laying-off. Maintain a current substitute list and orient substitute teachers.
- Provide teacher support with effective strategies for teaching courses within the designated program(s).
- Provide ongoing support for teachers in the areas of curriculum, methodology, and class management through class visits and regular evaluative consultations and meetings.
- Assist in curriculum development projects when required
- Administration of the Learning Management System – instructor support and training.
STUDENT, AGENT SERVICES & OPERATIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Carry out assessments and orientations of new students.
- Conduct entry interviews to determine suitability and admissibility into programs.
- Deal with all complaints in a timely and professional manner with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate maintenance tasks with the administrative team
- Support the College Director and other staff members
- Represent Greystone at internal or external events when required
- Work collaboratively with other departments across the ILSC Group
- Other duties as required by the College Director
- Strong leadership and organizational management skills
- Action-oriented, adaptable and innovative
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Unwavering commitment to quality and integrity
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree and PID (Provincial Instructors Diploma) or equivalent.
- Experience in academic management in international education.
- TESL Canada qualifications as practicum supervisor and experience is desirable.
- Experience in the Career College Sector and knowledge of the industry is desirable.
- Experience in curriculum design, instructional design, learning and development, or related field is desirable.
- Extensive administrative use and support of a learning management system, preferably Moodle.
- Genuine concern for the welfare, academic progress and personal growth of students & able to offer appropriate academic counseling or advice
- An effective administrator able to self-manage, prioritize tasks and manage time, manage records, and write reports, agreements and other texts
- A strong supporter of ILSC Education Group’s corporate ethos and culture
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter via email to grace.pyo[at]greystonecollege[dot]com
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 8 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.