Overview of role
Working with other Program Directors this role supports the Director of Studies (Academic Director) and the Global Curriculum Specialist in managing and leading the academic team both locally and globally. Operating in a dynamic environment, this role manages a team of teachers, working closely with them to provide our students with a transformative learning experience. Each program director manages designated programs and special projects. This is a contract position for 6 months.
Work collaboratively with the Director of Studies, the Curriculum Specialist and fellow Program Directors in
- developing and communicating the academic direction of the school, new programs and courses, teaching methodologies, curriculum, selecting materials and resources;
- and promoting an innovative, inclusive and supportive teaching and learning environment.
- aligning program development globally;
- assisting academic development in new locations;
- leading or being involved in other duties as required by the Director of Studies.
Ensure high academic standards and an engaged team by
- assisting the Director of Studies in staffing decisions, recruitment and onboarding of teachers;
- reviewing and responding to learner and teacher feedback, and evaluating and mentoring teachers;
- collaborating with teachers to continually improve the classroom experience;
- providing up-to-date resources;
- communicating with teachers, through team meetings, one on one and other methods;
- involving the team in community building through engagement in school activities;
- providing a comfortable work environment inside and outside of the classroom;
- participating in and arranging school-wide activities and meetings as required.
Ensure a positive learner experience by
- conducting fair learner assessments and placements;
- reviewing and responding to student academic progress and feedback;
- providing personalized academic counselling and support to students.
Ensure efficient and effective programs by
- providing well-planned teacher scheduling on a monthly basis;
- ensuring all administrative tasks are completed on a timely basis;
- training staff on administrative duties as needed.
- Liaise with and supporting other departments in mutual support of the school functions, including, but not exclusively, advisors, registrars, accommodation and sales;
- Other related duties or projects as determined by the Director of Studies.
Required qualifications & skills
A Bachelor Degree
DELTA / Masters in TESOL, or equivalent from a recognised institution
At least 3 years teaching experience in a recognized ESL school
Management experience in an international education environment
Strong computer skills
Demonstrated ability to set goals, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a busy environment
Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Demonstrated ability to work as part of a dynamic team
Desired qualifications & skills
Experience working in a unionized environment
Teacher training experience
Please send resume and cover letter to linda.moore[at]ilsc[dot]com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.