ILSC Education Group is seeking an experienced Payroll & HR Administrator with a proven track record of successfully managing the day-to-day payroll processing of both unionized and non-unionized employees.
The Payroll & HR Administrator position will be responsible for assuring the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and benefits for ILSC Education Group’s Vancouver employees.
Along with payroll and benefits, this role will be responsible for supporting ILSC Education Group’s HR function, including administrative tasks for recruitment, compliance with local employment standards legislation, HR reporting and other HR projects.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Process bi-weekly payroll and administer benefits for ILSC – Vancouver’s union and non-union employees
- Conduct reconciliations of benefits and validates T4 and other tax remittances
- Ensure government remittances, surveys and filings with respect to payroll are submitted accurately and on time in accordance with regulations
- Respond to employee payroll and benefit inquiries, including providing employment verification letters
- Track and report relevant employee information (e.g. leaves of absence, sick days and vacation days)
- Acts as a payroll backup support for other ILSC North American locations
- Generates regular and ad hoc payroll reports as required
- Other duties as required
HUMAN RESOURCE FUNCTIONS
- Administrative tasks for ILSC Education Group’s recruitment, including posting job ads and maintaining the ILSC careers page
- Support compliance with local employment standards legislation, in partnership with HR, including maintaining up to date HR and payroll policies, processes, reference materials and HR documentation
- Conduct/facilitate employee exit interviews
- Generate HR reports as required
- Participate in Global HR projects and other duties as required
- Action-oriented, adaptable and innovative
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Unwavering commitment to quality and integrity
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Business or Human Resources Management preferred
- Minimum 3 years of payroll administration experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent understanding of payroll standards, best practices, legislation and their application to the workplace
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce an asset
- Fluent in French is an asset
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume via email to Silviya Stoyanova at Silviya.Stoyanova[at]ilsc[dot]com
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations in the recruitment process are available on request.