This position provides both operational leadership and strategic direction to the University Pathway Team, supporting them to achieve performance objectives while using resources efficiently. This is accomplished through effective coaching and mentoring of the team, utilization of resources and strong collaboration with other departments in the ILSC Global Team. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Business Development: oversee planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of the program and special projects; monitoring delivery of program and services. Participate in development and implementation of ILSC Education Group’s Vision and goals as well as its products and services.
- Marketing & Sales: Promoting the brand, products and services, in the market place.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain and improve quality and support our student’s applications to partner institutions.
- Human Resources: Nurturing a strong team that supports/embodies our core values and implement our strategic goals. Lead and coach the teams to achieve both departmental and personal goals. Recruit, hire, train and maintain HR aspects of the team
This is a cross functional position where you must demonstrate the following competencies to be successful:
- Market Knowledge: In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Pathway market. Understanding market dynamics, the competitive landscape, the customer journey and corporate goals. Experience working in the Education industry. In-depth understanding/knowledge of the various markets and cultures that are a part of ILSC’s student body.
- Result-Driven: Continuously sets expectations of team and individual performance; motivates and supports the team’s efforts to achieve goals while upholding organizational values and standards.
- Keen Observer: Ongoing and self-motivated learning that enhances the team, the company and personal development.
- Proactive Leadership: Takes responsibility as a manager by engaging and cooperating with each member of the team, leads by example in areas of time and project management. Always looks for ways to improve oneself and the team through empathetic support. Positively influences others to achieve results of the department.
- Effective Communication: Clearly conveys information, ideas and thoughts in a manner that engages others, resulting in a thorough understanding of information and necessary action items. Able to liaise and negotiate effectively in higher education and business contexts.
- Coaching for Performance: Plans and leads the development of each team member’s unique skillsets and abilities to advance individual performance. Helps team members set clear goals and achieve them.
- Constructive Decision-making: Practical decision making that is highly analytical and collaborative. Identifies and understands key issues, challenges and opportunities. Draws conclusions from multiple information sources, employs effective methods and/or develops appropriate solutions to respond to challenges and obstacles.
- Commitment to Excellence: Sets a high benchmark for the team and organization as a whole, with a constant focus to meet and/or exceed challenging goals. An ever-long active learner.
- Innovation: A forward thinker, with the ability to adjust and adapt to unexpected challenges along the way. Develops creative solutions and ideas to continually strengthen and grow the company, its products and services.
- Maintain positive working relationships with educational partners
- Effectively maintains partnerships with educational partners, prospects and individuals at all levels across the company.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and nurture those prospects.
- Ensure a high standard of customer service for our student, agents, partner institutions and team members
- Provide program training to our educational partners
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support
- Support the team to effectively promote ILSC’s products and services at educational fairs
- Handle objections/concerns by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present training & mentoring to internal staff, new and existing when required.
Marketing & Sales:
- Assist in the Development and execution of marketing and sales strategies for the University Pathway Program with a focus on growth and building the brand and maintaining program quality
- Review and develop marketing, sale and operational reports (including quarterly/year-end/budget/forecasts & expense reports)
- Aid in the development of marketing materials and new products
- Evaluate and support development of promotions and campaigns
- Attending conferences, meetings and industry events
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop campaigns and marketing materials
- Implement marketing, advertising and promotion planning
- Work with Regional Sales Directors to determine promotion activities
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive, educational presentations that effectively demonstrate the value of the Pathway Program
- Manage human resources of team members; from the hiring, onboarding, coaching, mentoring, performance management, goal setting and reviews.
- Determine staffing requirements for management and program delivery
- Train new staff on details of the program
- Candidates must be willing to travel both locally and overseas.
- Ad hoc duties
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to sonia.fantauzzi[at]ilsc[dot]com
Location: Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests.Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 8 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.