ILSC Education Group is seeking an experienced, qualified and dynamic leader to take overall responsibility for the successful delivery of our Junior Camp and Family Camp programs at ILSC Vancouver.
Our Camp programs combine academics, accommodation and activities for our young students ages 7 to 17. The Junior Camp Program Manager is responsible for coordinating and collaborating with these separate departments to ensure our students receive a cohesive, quality summer program experience.
In addition to this coordination, the Junior Camp Program Manager is responsible for creating a structured, caring and supportive environment for our young students through monitoring their attendance, performance, well-being and general success within the program.
This is a key management role. The Junior Camp Program Manager role is a full-time, fixed term position (Monday to Friday, May 27th – Aug 16th, 2019). Due to the nature of the work, your hours may vary and may be irregular. Youwill be reporting to the Director of Studies.
- In advance of program and, in collaboration with all departments, track/support preparations for program
- Assist in/Lead preparations for the program as required
- Support on recruitment and training of Junior
- In collaboration with the Director of Junior Programs, create and manage policies, procedures and support systems for the Junior Camp program
Ensures high academic standards and an engaged team of teachers by
- assisting the Director of Studies in staffing decisions, recruitment and onboarding of teachers;
- reviewing and responding to learner and teacher feedback;
- collaborating, mentoring and evaluating teachers to optimize the classroom experience;
- communicating with teachers, through team meetings, one on one and other methods;
- involving the team in community building through engagement in school activities.
- In collaboration with the registrations team, prepare weekly intake lists
- Oversee weekly orientations for new intake of students
- Conduct regular meetings with registrations, accommodations, activities and academic department heads
- Provide weekly written reports to Director of Juniors Programs and Director of ILSC Vancouver, building towards an end of course report providing overall assessment and recommendations for improvement
- Ensure that all ILSC rules, procedures and directives are understood and adhered to in full
- In collaboration with the Activity and Academic Department leaders, assess staff performance/success. Provide support as required
Student/ Client Support
- As a part of student orientations, ensure that students have a clear understanding of staff roles, school rules and disciplinary procedures
- Handle welfare issues during the course including student illness and accommodation issues
- Oversee student discipline as required, in line with ILSC policies
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the students at all times, liaising with the Director, Director of Junior Courses and Head Office as appropriate
- Manage student attendance and participation in all aspects of the course
- Collaborate with student advisor team to ensure student satisfaction/support
- Meet regularly with group chaperones to ensure course satisfaction.
- Distribute, collect and summarize student feedback forms
- Experience managing a team in either an educational or recreational environment
- 3+ years’ experience working with children and teenagers
- Degree and TESL Qualification
- Advanced CPR / First Aid / Lifeguard certification
Additional Requirements of the Job:
- Criminal Record Police Check
Please email resume and cover letter to linda.moore[at]ilsc[dot]com. We thank all candidates who have applied, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSCs Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request as outlined within ILSC’s Employee Policy Manual.