Status: Independent Contractor
Locations: Mississauga, Brampton, Kitchener, Scarborough
Rate: $17-$21 (hourly)
Test Days Available: Mostly Saturdays with some occasional Thursdays
IELTS Test Day Invigilators have the flexibility to sign up for test days that meet their schedule.
- Carry test materials securely to the testing venues and bringing them back to the test centre
- Test Centre set-up, security and administration of test materials
- I.D. checks, and candidate check-in procedures
- Set up head phones and transmitters for the listening test
- Closely follow and enforce testing procedures and regulations
- Report to the test day supervisor all testing issues and concerns
- Responsible for the security of the test room and the return of all testing equipment and materials to the test day supervisor
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to exercise judgment in varying situations involving IELTS Test candidates
- Previous experience of administering tests or examinations will also be an asset
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Familiar and experienced to work with Windows-based computer systems
- Successful completion of Secondary/High School diploma
- ELTS speaking score of 6.5 or above in speaking module would be an added advantage
- Having a driving license will be an asset
Closing Date: January 10, 2019
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and two (2) reference contacts in an email with the subject line “IELTS Invigilator” to IELTS.Toronto[at]ilsc[dot]com.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Only the short-listed candidates will be interviewed and trained.
ILSC Toronto is an official British Council IELTS Centre.
About the group
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.