The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the leading language proficiency test for higher education and global migration. This position is responsible for the administration, organization, and smooth running of IELTS tests in accordance with IELTS rules and regulations in an environment that enables candidates to perform their best. This is a part-time position, as IELTS tests are delivered three Saturdays and occasionally on one Thursday per month, starting at 7:00 AM. Candidates will need to be available for six to eight hours on these days. There may be occasional speaking test duties on any weekdays. The person will be accountable for maintaining the integrity and reputation of the IELTS tests by ensuring that the tests are delivered to prescribed standards for customer service, security and administration.
- Report promptly to test venue at agreed time. In case of any delays or if unable to get to the test venue, inform the appropriate test day or British Council Examinations Services staff in a timely manner.
- Follow all relevant standards & procedures, based on training and reference materials provided by the British Council Examinations Services and the relevant Exam Boards.
- Enable good customer flow by giving candidates clear direction and answering their enquiries.
- Ensure that candidates follow the agreed exam procedures regarding the location and security of their belongings.
- Conduct candidate entry, exit, identity checks and Test Day Photography procedures according to exam requirements.
- Ensure special arrangements are provided as required.
- Be familiar with the emergency procedures for the test day venue.
- Invigilate examinations to the standard required by the British Council Examinations Service and the relevant Exams Boards.
- Actively monitor candidates during tests to make sure that there is no violation of test conditions.
- Support the supervisor to ensure that candidates have a positive and consistent test day experience and a positive image of the British Council.
- Ensure all material is accounted for and handed over securely to the supervisor.
- Complete and maintain accurate records of exam assignments. Complete all reports, logs and claims accurately as required by British Council Examinations Services.
- Follow all relevant guidelines and policies in the areas of: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, and Anti-Fraud.
- Report any incidents, emergencies or breaches of security to the appropriate test day supervisor.
- Work with the test day supervisor to promote and ensure the well-being of candidates at all time. In case of emergencies, follow correct procedures.
- Additional duties in line with the role may be required.
- A competent level of English communication
- Excellent customer services skill
- Successful completion of Secondary/High School diploma
- Ability to exercise judgment in varying situations involving stressed candidates
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be team-oriented
- Familiar and experienced to work with Windows-based computer systems
- A valid Ontario Driver's License will be an asset
- Previous experience of administering tests or examinations will also be an asset
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and two (2) reference contacts in an email with the subject line “IELTS Invigilator” to IELTS.Toronto[at]ilsc[dot]com.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Only the short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
ILSC Toronto is an official British Council IELTS Centre.
About ILSC language Schools:
ILSC Language Schools has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991, and is the largest and longest running of ILSC Education Group’s 5 divisions, which also include Colleges, Teacher Training, Language Training for Business, and Continuing Education. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada in 1991, ILSC has become a world leader in language training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, Australia.
In 2013 and 2014, ILSC was voted by industry partners as Study Travel Magazine’s Star Chain School, an important recognition of quality in the language education industry.