The Test Centre Manager reports to the school director and is responsible for the management and growth of the IELTS Test Centre, accountable for ensuring that the center operates in strict compliance with globally consistent testing procedures. This is a fulltime position. The position may require working a Saturday or two each month.
- Recruiting, training, and ongoing management of test day staff (Examiners and Invigilators)
- Ensuring that all staff (Examiners, Invigilators, Administrative staff) are trained and comply with all testing processes as set out in the Administrators’ Manual.
- Responding to candidate inquiries and communications
- Pre-test planning, test-day and post-test administration in accordance with IELTS operating policies and procedures both for Paper-Based and Computer Delivered IELTS tests
- Making sure that all IELTS secure test materials are handles and managed in accordance with IELTS operating policies and procedures
- Maintaining accurate records of all IELTS test and staff materials
- Meeting centre growth targets and expanding testing opportunities for the test centre
- Working in close collaboration with local and global British Council administrative and marketing staff
- Ensuring admin support is in place for related registrations, payments, filing, communications and results in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintaining standards required for positive outcomes in site inspections and audits
- Creating and maintaining reports that provide data on the tests (frequency, number of tests delivered success rates and trends)
- Promoting tests internally (through posters, info sessions, social media, etc.) and externally at fairs and joint ventures with the British Council Canada
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent · Minimum 2-3 years of IELTS Centre Management experiences as Manager or Administrator with demonstrated leadership and supervisory practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to achieve high levels of customer service
- Demonstrable strong communication abilities (oral and written)
- Highly effective at planning and organizing, and managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Ability to work effectively under own initiative and at times under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Knowledge of IELTS test policies, not required but desirable
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Nayeemur.rahman[at]ilsc[dot]com by November 25, 2019. We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only as we do not accept fax or mail applications and request that you do not phone. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request as outlined within ILSC’s Employee Policy Manual.