ILSC Vancouver is seeking IELTS Speaking Examiners. Selection of examiners will be conducted by the IELTS head administrator at ILSC and the Examiner Trainer from the British Council.
- Examine candidates regularly up to 3 times per month (Saturday afternoons till evenings, and occasionally Friday afternoons or Sundays) in on-site and off-site venues.
- Maintain confidentiality and security in all aspects of IELTS
- Comply fully with the Examiner Code of Practice and IELTS Confidentiality Undertaking
- Undertake scheduled standardization training and re-certification to maintain accuracy and standardized ratings
Minimum professional requirements:
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree AND
- A TEFL/TESL certification from a recognized institution (also accepted: CELTA, DELTA)
- A minimum of three years’ full-time TEFL/TESL teaching experience (or equivalent part-time) to adult student students (16 years or over)
- Fluent in English with a band 9 IELTS equivalency (IELTS scores may be required)
- Familiarity with the IELTS examinations is a plus
Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Skills:
- Completes tasks accurately in a timely manner and in sufficient detail
- Observes the need for confidentiality and security
- Responds positively to guidance and advice
- Acts professionally at all times
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and candidates and treats others with respect
- Is fully aware of and respects cultural differences
Please send resume to pierre.wirawan[at]ilsc[dot]com. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete an additional application form. Incomplete application packages will not be accepted.
Examiners will be trained and tested by the British Council. Upon completion of the training and the passing of the test, you will join the pool of examiners of ILSC.
Note: Please be advised that the training is not paid. All new examiners will be required to attend a 2-day training (a full Saturday and Sunday).