ILSC Montreal is seeking 6-8 Speaking and Writing Examiners for the IELTS examination. Selection of examiners will be conducted by the IELTS head administrator at ILSC and the Examiner Trainer from the British Council.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Examine candidates regularly twice per month (Saturday afternoons and occasionally Friday afternoons) in on-site and off-site venues
- Maintain confidentiality and security in all aspects of IELTS
- Comply fully with the Examiner Code of Practice and IELTS Confidentiality Undertaking
- Undertake scheduled standardization training and re-certification to maintain accuracy and standardized ratings
Minimum professional requirements (MPRs) are as follows:
- University Degree
- TESL certification (also accepted: Celta, Delta, etc.)
- Minimum three years teaching experience
- Fluent in English with a band 9 IELTS equivalency (IELTS scores may be required)
- Familiarity with the IELTS examinations is a plus.
Please submit your resume to Hoda Izadnia (Hoda.Izadnia[at]ilsc[dot]com) by March 16, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Examiners will be trained and tested by the British Council. Upon completion of the training, and the passing of the test, you will join the pool of examiners of ILSC.
Note: Please be advised that the training is not paid, and will take place over two full weekends (two full Saturday and Sunday). Successful candidates will leave a deposit which will be reimbursed after a certain number of test days.
Remuneration is 45 dollars per hour, during which you would examine three speaking tests or correct a minimum of 3 writing papers (Task one and two).