ILSC is currently seeking an IELTS Assistant Administrator for its San Francisco test center! IELTS is fast becoming a recognised alternative to the TOEFL for people looking to attend post-secondary programs in the US, to immigrate, or to prove their language competency for other personal or professional reasons (www.ielts.org/usa).
In cooperation with the local IELTS Administrator, you will be responsible for the administration, staffing, scheduling and promotion of the IELTS test here at ILSC-San Francisco. You will report the local IELTS Administrator and collaborate actively with the ILSC IELTS team.
Specific responsibilities and tasks onsite:
Staff and Stock Management
- Liaise with IELTS (staying up-to-date on newsletters, IELTS Manuals, WordPress blog, submitting monthly reports)
- Support examiners, clerical markers and invigilators recruitment.
- Schedule orientation and training for new examiners, clerical markers and invigilators
- Participate in approved training and professional development, either from ILSC or IELTS
- Maintain stock records on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure that all documents, records are up-to-date as per audit and compliance requirements
Communicate with (potential) candidates
- Respond to inquiries about the test and the schedule of dates, etc.
- Contact each candidate in IWAS to submit the required documents/payments
- Charge credit cards and issue receipts
- Register all candidates in IWAS and make necessary changes in the system
- Emailing all candidates regarding test day information and speaking schedules
- Communicating test results/information with candidates
- Schedule test dates, schedule examiner calibration and re-training (once per year)
- Informing test day staff about test details, allocation of duties via email
- Reconcile generated income and submit to supervisor
Security of Test material
- Maintain strict security protocol when handling test day material
- Ensure all material is locked as per the requirements
Test Day and Set-up
- Estimate candidate numbers and order test papers in IWAS
- Mark, proctor, and/or run the exam on test day (often on Saturdays)
- IWAS management (generate reports and export data for each test date)
- IAM management (reports, import/export data for each test date)
- Monitor/assist with all aspects of the process on test days (e.g test day setup as per number of candidates, arrange staff and prepare boxes for test day)
- Assign marking to examiners and clerical markers
- Run jagged entry reports (and schedule re-marking as necessary)
- Run TFT reports
- Charge credit cards for local and international courier services
- Destroy confidential documents post-test
- Communication and influencing skills: displays good listening, writing and speaking skills, setting out logical arguments clearly and adapting language and form of communication to meet the needs of different people/audiences.
- Planning and organizing skills: is methodical: able to plan own work over short timescales for routineor familiar tasks and processes
- Analyzing data and problems: is systematic: breaks down problems into a list of tasks to be done and decides on appropriate action
- Using technology: operates as a basic user of information systems, digital and office technology.
- Able to use office software and IELTS USA systems to do the job and manage documents or processes
- Customer-service mindset, dealing with candidates in a pleasant and professional manner
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to shabnam.mirbadin[at]ilsc[dot]com
The application deadline is Monday, July 1st, 2019.
This position reports to: IELTS Administrator, San Francisco (test center UX201)
Start date: July 15th, 2019
Hours: 37.5 hours weekly
Volume Compensation: $17-19/hour, depending on experience
Benefits: ILSC benefits for full-time employees as outlined in the Staff Manual* (including medical
MRA contribution, PTO accrual, Sick leave, Holiday pay)
*Upon completing 90-day introductory period