ILSC is currently seeking an IELTS Assistant Administrator for its San Francisco test center! IELTS is fast becoming a recognized alternative to the TOEFL for people looking to attend post-secondary programs in the US, to immigrate, or to prove their language competency for other personal or professional reasons (www.ielts.org/usa).
In cooperation with the local IELTS Administrator, you will be responsible for the administration, staffing, scheduling and promotion of the IELTS test here at ILSC-San Francisco. You will report to the local IELTS Administrator and collaborate actively with the ILSC IELTS team.
Staff and Stock Management
- Liaise with IELTS (staying up-to-date on newsletters, IELTS Manuals, WordPress blog, submitting monthly reports)
- Support examiners, clerical markers and invigilators recruitment.
- Schedule orientation and training for new examiners, clerical markers and invigilators
- Participate in approved training and professional development, either from ILSC or IELTS
- Maintain stock records on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure that all documents, records are up-to-date as per audit and compliance requirements
Communicate with (potential) candidates
- Respond to inquiries about the test and the schedule of dates, etc.
- Contact each candidate in IWAS to submit the required documents/payments
- Charge credit cards and issue receipts
- Register all candidates in IWAS and make necessary changes in the system
- Emailing all candidates regarding test day information and speaking schedules
- Communicating test results/information with candidates
- Schedule test dates, schedule examiner calibration and re-training (once per year)
- Informing test day staff about test details, allocation of duties via email
- Reconcile generated income and submit to supervisor
Security of Test material
- Maintain strict security protocol when handling test day material
- Ensure all material is locked as per the requirements
Test Day and Set-up
- Estimate candidate numbers and order test papers in IWAS
- Mark, proctor, and/or run the exam on test day (often on Saturdays)
- IWAS management (generate reports and export data for each test date)
- IAM management (reports, import/export data for each test date)
- Monitor/assist with all aspects of the process on test days (e.g test day setup as per number of candidates, arrange staff and prepare boxes for test day)
- Assign marking to examiners and clerical markers
- Run jagged entry reports (and schedule re-marking as necessary)
- Run TFT reports
- Charge credit cards for local and international courier services
- Destroy confidential documents post-test
- Communication and influencing skills: displays good listening, writing and speaking skills, setting out logical arguments clearly and adapting language and form of communication to meet the needs of different people/audiences.
- Planning and organizing skills: is methodical: able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes
- Analyzing data and problems: is systematic: breaks down problems into a list of tasks to be done and decides on appropriate action
- Using technology: operates as a basic user of information systems, digital and office technology. Able to use office software and IELTS USA systems to do the job and manage documents or processes
- Customer-service mindset, dealing with candidates in a pleasant and professional manner
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to Shabnam.mirbadin[at]ilsc[dot]com . The application deadline is Friday, December 14th, 2018.
Start date: January 2, 2019
Hours: 37.5 hour
*Must be available to work Saturdays. The set work schedule consists of week day combined with weekend work
Benefits: ILSC benefits for full-time employees as outlined in the Staff Manual* (including medical
insurance or MRA contribution, PTO accrual, Sick leave, Holiday pay)
*Upon completing 90-day introductory period
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Toronto , BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Toronto , Toronto and Montréal, Canada;; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.