This is a permanent position involving day-to-day management of Greystone College’s Evening Academic staff and programs. The Evening Program Director of Greystone College reports to the College Director at Greystone-Vancouver.
Duties may change and be renegotiated from time to time. They will generally include:
Instructor Support and Academic Management
- Assist in determining the staffing needs for each session, including hiring and laying-off. Maintain a current substitute list and orient substitute teachers.
- Provide teacher support in effective strategies for teaching courses within the designated program(s).
- Provide ongoing support and counselling to teachers in the areas of curriculum, methodology, and class management through class visits and regular evaluative consultations and meetings.
- Assist in curriculum development projects.
- Administration of the Learning Management System – instructor support and training.
- Support students through academic counselling
- Review and evaluate all student evaluation tools (learner feedback surveys, Monthly Lesson Plans, monthly tests).
- Liaise with student advisors and instructors regarding student concerns.
- Carry out assessments of new students
- Conduct entry interviews to determine suitability and admissibility into programs.
- Coordinate maintenance tasks with Facilities coordinator
- Security, Health and Safety procedures
- An educational leader with a passion to inspire all of Greystones key stakeholders instructors, administrators, students and the Co-op placement host company representatives.
- Possess an Master’s degree in Education or Business with at least 5 years’ experience working in the business world outside of education
- A consummate net worker able to liaise with existing practicum host organizations, establish new ventures and relationships, market our students to host organizations as well as work closely with the Co-op Department.
- Experience at successfully working in a multi-cultural educational setting with international English second language students
- Solid experience in providing and business skills training to post college or university graduates in the working world
- Formal training and /or a successful career track record in curriculum development as well as evaluation
- Experience in utilizing blended learning strategies in the classroom
- The administrative use and support of a learning management system, preferably Moodle.
- Highly rated as a skilled educator by peers, management and students
- Skilled at building high performing teams of instructors and administrators
- An effective administrator able to self-manage, prioritize tasks and manage time, manage records, and write reports, agreements and other texts
- A strong supporter of ILSC Education Group’s corporate ethos and culture
Please submit resume and cover letter to John.Ballam[at]greystonecollege[dot]com for this position. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.