ILSC-Toronto is seeking qualified and dynamic ESL Teachers and Tutors available to work days or evenings, in a friendly, fast-paced environment.
Teach ILSC’s diverse range of English programs and courses to both adult and young English language learners. ILSC offers English language courses in the following general and specialized areas:
- Academic English
- Creative and Cultural English courses (ie. Filmmaking, Drama, Creative Arts)
- Business English
- Test Preparation (IELTS, Cambridge, TOIEC)
- Junior Programs (Teaching students aged 13-17)
Positions are available on an ongoing basis.
Teachers prepare lessons designed to increase students’ language skills, their accuracy and fluency, appropriate to a broad range of situations and needs, and in accordance with the ILSC Curriculum Guidelines and Course Outlines. High quality delivery is expected. Responsibilities include:
- eliciting students’ interests and language needs in an organized way
- assessing students language needs and planning lessons in accords with ILSC Course Curriculum and Student Progress Reports for the level being taught
- selecting appropriate materials and resources (including ILSC online resources)
- using materials effectively
- creating an atmosphere that encourages all students equally in self- expression, self-reflection, cooperation and leadership
- planning outings that reflect the experiential aspect of language and culture
- evaluating progress (ongoing) and conferring with students individually according to the specifics outlined in the Monthly Progress Report
The teacher is expected to use a range of modern and traditional language learning techniques and methodology including the following:
- building students’ vocabulary acquisition for formal and informal situations e.g. dialogues, discussion, role-plays, outings
- introducing, practicing and reviewing language structures (grammar) using a communicative approach
- developing communication strategies such as initiating, maintaining, closing of verbal interactions across a wide spectrum of situations drawn from daily life
- increasing communicative skill through appropriate question and answer techniques, presentations, decision-making, offering feedback to others, analyzing and evaluating situations, negotiating, debating, etc.
- shaping pronunciation and speech production towards natural English
- supporting and encouraging students to self-correct
- evaluating and offering feedback to the students in ways that increase their self-confidence in using English
All ESL teachers at ILSC must possess the following qualifications.
- a completed Bachelors degree
- a completed TESL certificate recognized by TESL Canada (or equivalent)
*Please indicate in your application that you possess the above qualifications. You will be asked to provide proof of completion as a condition of employment.
Email your resume and cover letter to: Emily.Riche[at]ilsc[dot]com
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment.