Overview of role
ILSC Vancouver is Vancouver’s largest and premier language school, known for its large variety of programs choices to meet student needs and interests. The Director of Studies (DoS) is a key role in the school and is responsible for ensuring and continually developing ILSC Vancouver’s transformational learning environment for students and staff. The DoS manages a team of Program Directors and is responsible for all aspects of the academic program.
The DoS is part of the college management team, developing and overseeing the success of ILSC Vancouver and Greystone Vancouver.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- With the Director and other management team members, developing and delivering on the colleges’ directions, plans and KPIs;
- Overall academic leadership ensuring high teaching quality by
- regularly reviewing client feedback, ensuring that an efficient follow-up system for complaints is in place, and implementing change when needed;
- promoting continual professional development and growth, and empowering and encouraging staff to realize their full potential;
- continually reviewing and improving programs and procedures, including innovation from both internal and external sources.
- Overall management of the academic team, including program directors and teachers, by
- ensuring clear, regular, cooperative and multi-directional communication;
- monitoring staff performance and devising personalized development programmes when needed;
- managing a positive relationship with union management.
- Ensuring academic delivery and resourcing meets and exceeds customer expectations, within budgetary constraints;
- Liaising with and supporting other departments in mutual support of the school functions, including, but not exclusively, advisors, registrars, accommodation and sales;
- Keeping up to date with the competition, industry trends and innovations;
- Actively promoting ILSC, especially academically, externally;
- Working with the group wide academic team in the development of academic strategy and procedures;
Other related duties or projects as determined by the Director.
Education and Experience Required
- A bachelor’s degree
- A Cambridge DELTA or a recognised MA TESOL, M EFL (or equivalent)
- 5 years’ leadership and management experience in quality English language institutions
- A demonstrated focus on personal and team professional development
- Experience of managing in a unionized environment is a definite asset
- Experience in teacher training desirable
Essential Skills, and Attributes:
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Passionate about English language teaching
Please send resume and cover letter to david.matthews[at]ilsc[dot]com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.