With a demonstrated commitment to continuing education, academic excellence and a creative vision for entrepreneurial initiatives, the Director, ILSC Sydney will be responsible for providing exceptional leadership and knowledge in operations, human resources, curricular and instructional areas, strategic planning, program development and management.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, the Director of ILSC Sydney will be responsible for the day to day school operations including; overseeing local marketing and sales initiatives, overseeing successful program delivery (academics, accommodations, student activities, and other programs), recruiting and hiring, staff mentoring & training including performance review, administration of the physical site, student support, budget control and maintaining compliance with regulatory bodies for ILSC Sydney.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
ADMINISTRATIVE, REGULATORY & FINANCE FUNCTIONS
- Develop and administer quality control assessments to discover and resolve any ongoing client/staff/agent problems
- Prepare cost analyses for ongoing, new and special programs
- Further adapt, develop and administer an evaluation process to measure student satisfaction at the end of the session and at the end of the student’s programme.
- Prepare and submit all documentation for regulatory bodies including ASQA and NEAS and to ensure that all policies and procedures adhere to their standards
- Oversee the school’s operations, including developing and controlling the school budget, and other key financial metrics including reviewing monthly financial reports in order to assess the profitability of the school and its programs
ORGANIZATIONAL & HUMAN RESOURCE FUNCTIONS
- Recruit, hire, onboard, train and develop administrative staff and support the Sydney management team in developing academic Human Resources
- Develop annual strategic, developmental and space plans for ILSC- Sydney
- Analyse all operational systems and develop and maintain accurate school level policies and procedures manuals
- Understand and know all relevant HR policies and insure that these regulations are implemented and followed and administer an employee benefits program (holidays, sick days)
- Support and inspire staff and develop a positive team spirit in staff, ensure clear and compassionate communications in the team
ACADEMIC & CURRICULUM FUNCTIONS
- Participate in the further development of areas of study as dictated by the market such as University pathways and vocational training
- Develop customised programs for special groups or clients as required
- Oversee the development of new courses and curriculum and their implementation
- Observe and evaluate the quality of teaching provided at ILSC
SALES & MARKETING FUNCTIONS
- In conjunction with the sales and marketing team, develop a plan for local advertising and onshore recruitment and search out new domestic market areas: agents, organizations, corporations, etc
- Aid with the building of relationships with partners (NGOs, Universities, residences, etc)
- Promote ILSC through public relations, promotional activities and sales endeavours
STUDENT, AGENT SERVICES & OPERATIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Further develop, adapt and maintain efficient systems and services such as registrations, accommodations, orientation, extra-curricular programming, etc, including meeting KPI targets on all systems and services
- Host agent visits and school tours, and interact with the students and staff in order to set a cheerful and proactive example
- Deal with all complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Strong leadership and organizational management skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning and operations
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Unwavering commitment to quality and integrity
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in a closely related field, such as international studies, business administration, applied linguistics, education or TESL/TEFL.
- Minimum of 5 years' full-time management experience in the fields of international education and/or business administration
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in ESL teaching, curriculum design and testing and evaluation
- Demonstrated record of content, course, and program development; academic quality assurance standards; and identifying and developing new business opportunities while supporting existing programs and services
- Record of experience managing academic programs in a fast-paced, multicultural, complex program environment
- Experience overseeing financial and business operations and supervising professional administrative and instructional employees
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (less than 5%)
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to Jason.Flaming[at]ilsc.com[dot]au
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.