With a demonstrated commitment to continuing education, academic excellence and a creative vision for entrepreneurial initiatives, the Director, Greystone College Toronto will be responsible for providing exceptional leadership and knowledge in operations, curricular and instructional areas, strategic planning, program development and management.
Reporting to the Director of ILSC/GC-Toronto, the Director of Greystone College Toronto will be responsible for the day-to-day school operations including; overseeing local marketing and sales initiatives, overseeing successful program delivery (academics, work experience, student activities, and other programs), recruiting and hiring, staff mentoring & training including performance review, administration of the physical site, student support, budget control and maintaining compliance with regulatory bodies for Greystone College Toronto.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
ADMINISTRATIVE, REGULATORY & FINANCE FUNCTIONS
- Assesses the college’s performance and identifies areas for improvement.
- Develops strategies to address financial, human resource, operational needs and issues.
- Prepare and submit all documentation for regulatory bodies and to ensure that all policies and procedures adhere to their standards.
- Oversee the school’s operations, including developing and controlling the school budget with the Director of Operations, and other key financial metrics including reviewing monthly financial reports in order to assess the profitability of the school and its programmes.
ORGANIZATIONAL & HUMAN RESOURCE FUNCTIONS
- Recruit, hire, onboard, train and develop administrative staff and support the Academic team in managing academic Human Resources.
- Identifies and plans for available resources (individuals, processes, departments, tools) to complete work efficiently.
- Analyse all operational systems and develop and maintain accurate school level policies and procedures manuals.
- Understand and know all relevant HR policies in the province of Ontario, and to insure that these regulations are implemented and followed.
- Support and inspire managers to develop a positive team spirit in staff, ensure clear and compassionate communications in the team.
- Facilitate a culture of self-actualization for employees’ personal and professional goals in alignment with ILSC Education Group’s organizational goals.
ACADEMIC & CURRICULUM FUNCTIONS
- Participate in the further development of areas of study as dictated by the market such as Work Experience programs.
- Develop customised programmes for special groups or clients as required.
- Oversee the development of new courses and curriculum and their implementation.
- Maintain a high level of quality of teaching provided at Greystone College.
SALES & MARKETING FUNCTIONS
- In conjunction with the marketing team, develop a plan for local advertising and onshore recruitment and search out new domestic market areas: agents, organizations, corporations, etc.
- Aid with the building of relationships with partners (Host Companies, Universities, Corporate Training partners, etc.)
- Promote Greystone College through public relations, promotional activities and sales endeavours.
STUDENT, AGENT SERVICES & OPERATIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Further develop, adapt and maintain efficient systems and services such as registrations, co-op, immigration services, orientation, extra-curricular programming, etc., including meeting KPI targets on all systems and services.
- Host agent visits and school tours, and interact with the students and staff in order to set a cheerful and proactive example.
- Deal with all complaints in a timely and professional manner with all stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong leadership and organizational management skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning and operations
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Unwavering commitment to quality and integrity
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in a closely related field, such as vocational/career training, post-secondary education, international studies, business administration, applied linguistics, or education.
- Minimum of 5 years' full-time management experience in the fields of international education, vocational/career training and/or post-secondary education.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in teaching, curriculum design and testing and evaluation.
- PID- Provincial Instructors Diploma or equivalent, an asset.
- Familiarity with Moodle
- Knowledge about MAESD regulations and RICC, a definite asset
- Demonstrated record of content, course, and program development; academic quality assurance standards; and identifying and developing new business opportunities while supporting existing programs and services
- Record of experience managing academic programs in a fast-paced, multicultural, complex program environment
- Experience overseeing financial and business operations and supervising professional administrative and instructional employees
- Ability to travel nationally
Please submit your resume via email to ali.noori[at]ilsc[dot]com
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request as outlined within ILSC’s Employee Policy Manual.