Strategically lead and manage the co-op team in order to identify meaningful co-op work and organizational job opportunities for our students. Reporting to the Director, the Co-operative Education Manager is an active member of the colleges’ management team, developing and overseeing the success of Greystone College.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- With the College Director and other management team members, develop and deliver on the colleges’ directions, plans and KPIs
- Vigorously promote the Greystone Co-op experience as a definitive educational program of excellence to all internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and manage an effective workplace skills program that enables students to master an effective set of Canadian job-hunting skills and thoroughly prepares them to thrive in the work place here
- Collaborate and build productive relationships between the college’s academics, administrators, student advisors, registrars, marketers and agents in order to develop and promote this premium educational service
- Cultivate a robust network of credible employer organizations in Toronto /Canada
- Manage the development of job opportunities from employers, the presentation of students’ resume, scheduling of interviews and follow-up with employers and students; all resulting in the successful placement of students
- Coordinate on-site visits to organizations in order to support students to develop their professional skills whilst doing their Co-op work experience
- Research, analyze and report on compliance requirements (e.g. IRCC), employment trends and industry opportunities
- Resolve issues such as students’ or employers’ grievances relating to the nature of the work and performance in accordance with the program’s policies and practices
- Oversee the effective application and utilization of Moodle as a learning platform that will support the student’s ability to find co-op placements, as well as provide students with information related to the most effective job hunting and professional workplace skills
- Administer and update our internal database for the Co-op Department e.g. update student applications, resumes, and reports
- Communicate the program’s policies and requirements to students and other stakeholders, within and outside of Greystone College
- Create sessional reports or other statistical reports for the purpose of management review, performance evaluation, sessional review, and inputs on strategic decisions
- Organize Co-op orientation sessions for new students
Team Leadership and Management
- Lead and manage the Co-op team in Toronto , including:
- Creating an inspiring team environment that is in line with ILSC group’s core values
- Answering team member questions, addressing any issues and overseeing team members work for quality and compliance
- Listening to team’s feedback and resolving any issues or conflicts
- Communicating goals and deadlines to team members
- Developing strategies to promote team member adherence to company performance goals, policies and procedures
- Conducting team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Discovering training needs and providing coaching
- Generating and sharing comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives and deadlines
- Other related duties or projects as determined by the College Director
- Escalate issues to the appropriate stakeholders, as required
- Proven leadership skills
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deal with complex administrative and student tracking processes
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to new changes to regulations and systems
- Intermediate to advanced utilization of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Education and Experience Required
- A post- secondary qualification in a related field
- A proven track record of experience working in the career development industry, placement agencies or post-secondary co-op education
- Extensive knowledge of the career college sector co-op programs, Canadian labor market trends, employability skills, and job search strategies
- Ability to lead a team
Please send resume and cover letter to aoife.berkery[at]greystonecollege[dot]com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Toronto , BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Toronto , Toronto and Montréal, Canada;; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.