We are currently looking for a Co-op Coordinator to provide counselling, information, resources, and workshops to students in the Volunteer and Co-op Programs at ILSC and Greystone College Toronto. The person filling this role will ensure high levels of program integrity and student success by placing students in job interviews, and provide support for them to succeed while congruently developing, nurturing, and maintaining relationships with employers. A key objective of this positions is to create an excellent experience for students who go through the co-op and volunteer program at either school.
The position is entry level.
The successful candidate will be based at our Toronto school.
- Promote a positive, motivated, proactive, and enjoyable office atmosphere that encourages the growth of each co-op student and fosters a healthy group dynamic
- Work as the Co-op program coordinator for students
- Delivery various co-op program presentations, which include: orientation and pre-placement workshops
- Ensure students have the correct documentation and visa requirements to start the program
- Facilitate the communication between students and immigration consultant regarding permits application
- Function as a primary contact for employers. The coordinator is responsible for recruiting employers by networking, researching, marketing and cold calling, managing student co-op opportunities and conducting initial site visits
- Assist in preparing students resumes and interview skills
- Record all student interaction in database to maintain a record of progress
- Keep paperless database up-to-date with student applications, resumes, permits, and reports
- Arrange job interviews
- Provide employment counseling
- Provide support and guidance to students in relation to program requirements for successful completions
- Track, collect, and process student reports and employer feedback
- Connect with employers to confirm students position and hours
- Ensure that programs’ policies are communicated to students and adhered to
- Create sessional reports or other statistical reports for the purpose of management review, performance evaluation, sessional review, inputs on strategic decision
- Manage and report any complaints about the programs
- Be aware of CIC changes and regulations that affect the students or the school in general
- Update and maintain professional look of Greystone College’s job board on a regular basis
- Organize career fairs
- Other tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary University bachelor degree or college diploma with 2+ years of experience in the education, sales, marketing, project management or hospitality industry
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to new changes to regulations and systems.
- Strong computer skills.
Please forward your resume to Aoife.berkery[at]greystonecollege[dot]com . We thank all applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request as outlined within ILSC’s Employee Policy Manual.