Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Analyst is responsible for overseeing the bookkeeping of the company and ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, standards and company policies, related to the following:
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Full cycle Accounting and bookkeeping
- Managing interfaces between ERP and accounting system
- Reconciliation of accounts on a sessional basis
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions and accounts
- Reconciliation of USD bank and cash transaction monitoring
- GST/HST reporting and corporate tax filings
- Coordinating with AR and managing data migration from AR in ERP module
- AP support when required
- Credit card administration
- Completing Adhoc tasks and assignment
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (Great Plains)
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Education and Experience Required
- Successful completion of post-secondary education preferably in bookkeeping, accounting or related field
- 1-2 years administrative office/customer service experience is required
- Previous accounts receivable and/or accounting experience is preferred
- CPA enrolled preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to arun.thilakarajah[at]ilsc[dot]com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only the shortlisted canddiates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.