The Accommodations Manager (AM) is responsible for delivering accommodation offerings that meet our growing and changing market needs with a high level of service to our students and other customers. The AM is part of the colleges’ management team, developing and overseeing the success of ILSC Vancouver and Greystone College.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- With the Director and other management team members, developing and delivering on the colleges’ directions, plans and KPIs;
- Proactively sourcing new accommodation options, managing current relationships and reviewing options, in line with business needs and customer needs and feedback:
- Ensuring the team provides the highest quality accommodation support for ILSC and Greystone, including interacting with students and potential students, answering student and agent enquiries, and effectively handling student and agent complaints;
- Advising, reviewing, developing and acting on ILSC policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance;
- Keeping up to date with accreditation requirements (including Languages Canada) and overseeing records and information to ensure compliance and effective information is available;
- Leading and managing the accommodation team in Vancouver, including:
- Creating an inspiring team environment that is in line with ILSC’s core values
- Answering team member questions, addressing any issues and overseeing team members work for quality and compliance
- Listening to team’s feedback and resolving any issues or conflicts
- Communicating goals and deadlines to team members
- Developing strategies to promote team member adherence to company performance goals
- Conducting team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Discovering training needs and providing coaching
- Generating and sharing comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
- Liaising with and supporting other departments in mutual support of the school functions, including, but not exclusively, advisors, registrars, academics and sales;
- Keeping up to date with the competition and broader industry;
- Other related duties or projects as determined by the Director;
- Escalating issues to the appropriate stakeholders, as required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of another language also an asset
Education and Experience Required
- Post-secondary education preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in student accommodation, preferably in an international environment
- Some leadership experience preferred
Please email cover letter and resume to david.matthews[at]ilsc[dot]com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.