Overview of Role
The Accommodations Coordinator (AC) assists the Accommodations Manager (AM) in ensuring high standards and efficient delivery of our student accommodation service. The Accommodations Coordinator is a member of the student services team, ensuring we deliver exceptional and transformative services, and will assist with other areas of Student Services as required.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Work collaboratively with the accommodations team, ensuring high standards and efficient delivery of our student accommodations services by:
- Providing the highest quality accommodation support for ILSC and Greystone, including interacting with students and potential students, answering student and agent enquiries, and effectively handling student and agent complaints;
- Booking students with homestay families and alternative accommodations;
- Meeting and advising students who are currently in or are requesting accommodation;
- Proactively support AM to source new accommodation options in line with business needs and customer needs;
- Actively recruiting homestay families and alternative accommodation, including visiting the accommodations/homestays;
- Revisiting and reassessing current accommodations;
- Conducting regular accommodation student evaluations and following up on results;
- Actively communicating with students, accommodation providers, and other staff at ILSC;
- Being on-call carrying the homestay emergency phone on the roster;
- Liaising with and supporting other departments in mutual support of the school functions, including, but not exclusively, advisors, registrars, academics and sales;
- Other related duties or projects as determined by the Accommodations Manager and school Director.
Work as a member of the student services team, ensuring we deliver exceptional and transformative services by:
- Registering students when required;
- Advising students;
- Covering front desk and other administration duties as required;
- Running and/or participating in projects, as requested by the Accommodations Manager and/or Student Advisor Manager;
- Participating in and arranging school-wide activities and meetings as required.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a reliable car;
- Strong communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and computer skills;
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- A second language;
- Experience in working in an international education environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to Carolina.Cintra[at]ilsc[dot]com. We thank all candidates who have applied, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 7 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.