We are seeking a full time Academic Program Director to join our Academic team at ILSC-Toronto, sharing our goal of creating a transformational learning environment for students and instructors. Operating in a dynamic work environment, this role manages a team of teachers in a unionized school and services a diverse student population.
- Work with the Academic Director and fellow Program Directors in:
- developing and communicating the academic direction of the school, new programs and courses, and teaching methodologies;
- creating and promoting an innovative, inclusive and supportive teaching and learning environment.
- Ensure high academic standards and an engaged team by:
- assisting the Academic Director in staffing decisions, recruitment and onboarding of teachers;
- reviewing and responding to learner and teacher feedback, and evaluating and developing teachers;
- working with teachers to continually improve the classroom and staffroom experience;
- communicating with teachers, through team meetings, one on one and other methods;
- involving the team with broader school engagement and activities.
- Ensure a good learner experience by:
- assessing and placing students in classes;
- reviewing and responding to student academic progress and feedback;
- providing academic counselling and giving students clear academic direction.
- Ensure efficient and effective programs by:
- providing well-planned teacher scheduling on a monthly basis;
- ensuring all administrative tasks are completed on a timely basis;
- training staff on administrative duties
- scheduling supply teachers on a daily basis.
- Other duties as required.
- Undergraduate Degree
- TESL Canada or TESL Ontario certification with at least 3 years teaching experience in a recognized ESL school
- DELTA or a Master’s Degree in TESL preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional Customer Service
- Management experience in an international education environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to set goals, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a dynamic team
Desired qualifications & skills:
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Teacher training experience
Please submit resume and cover letter to Academic Director Emily Riche at emily.riche[at]ilsc[dot]com no later than January 12th, 2018.
Starting: February 4th, 2018 (or sooner)
About the group
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.