Responsible for academic standards and overall academic management, the Academic Director is a key part of the management team of Greystone College.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- With the Director and other management team members, developing and delivering on the colleges’ directions, plans and KPIs;
- Planning and implementing staffing and resourcing to ensure the ongoing growth and standards of Greystone College;
- Leading and managing the academic team in Vancouver, including:
- Creating an inspiring team environment that is in line with ILSC Education Group’s core values
- Answering team member questions, addressing any issues and overseeing team members work for quality and guideline compliance
- Listening to team’s feedback and resolving any issues or conflicts
- Communicating goals and deadlines to team members
- Developing strategies to promote team member adherence to company performance goals
- Conducting team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Discovering training needs and providing coaching
- Generating and sharing comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
- Reviewing, developing and implementing Greystone programs, policies and procedures to ensure growth, quality, efficiency and compliance;
- Liaising with and supporting other departments, in particular, administration services, student advising, marketing and IT, both locally and across the group;
- Actively representing Greystone College and ILSC Education Group in the industry and community;
- Other related duties as determined by the Director.
- Academic leadership and management experience in the Career College Sector.
- Experience in international education is desirable.
- An excellent communicator able to liaise and negotiate effectively in higher educational & business contexts.
- Well organized, well presented, and able to represent Greystone College professionally in business & commercial contexts.
- An effective administrator able to self-manage, prioritize tasks and manage time, manage records, and write reports, agreements and other texts.
- A passion for education and sensitivity to the cultural and language issues facing our overseas students
Education and Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree
- PID (Provincial Instructors Diploma) or equivalent.
- Industry experience (business or hospitality area preferred.)
- Experience with MOODLE or a similar LMS
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to: grace.pyo[at]greystonecollege[dot]com