BECOME A HOMESTAY FAMILY
The opportunity to host international students in your home can be a very rewarding experience, giving you a chance to share your city and culture with a student who is here to learn and explore. Becoming a homestay family will give you the opportunity to:
- Discover a new culture and make new memories as you connect with your homestay student
- Play a part in a life-changing experience that your international student will remember for life
- Take advantage of the flexible, 24/7 access to the ILSC Homestay and Accommodation team, so that you have the support you need
- Participate in the homestay experience again and again, thanks to ILSC’s large student body
HOW IT WORKS
Bringing a student from around the world into your home can be an unforgettable experience: make a lasting contribution to the life of a global student, while gaining insight and appreciation of another culture.
- Let us know you’re interested! Fill out an initial information request and you’ll be contacted within 24 hours by phone or email to set up for a phone consultation.
- We want to get to know you! During our telephone consultation, we’ll find out more about where you live, your family lifestyle and if you have past homestay experience. You’ll also have the chance to ask us any questions you may have.
- Meet us in person! At a convenient time for you, we’ll schedule to meet you at your home. You’ll hear about the homestay program in detail and the support we offer through our team of homestay coordinators – and we’ll have the chance to get an idea of the student experience at your home.
- You’re almost there! Following the home visit, we’ll need references and a criminal record screening. Then you’ll be one of our homestay families – congratulations!
All ILSC homestay families must be willing to do the following:
- Provide a furnished private room with a bed, desk, closet, dresser, window, sufficient heating and lighting to each student you host.
- Provide meals according to the requested student meal-plan (full-board, half-board or room stay)
- Spend time with your homestay student(s) giving them the opportunity for conversation, warmth and hospitality
- Provide an English speaking environment, French-speaking environment (Montréal only), or Hindi speaking environment (New Delhi only).
- Live within 40 minutes from an ILSC campus by public transportation
*Some locations also offer a shared room homestay option, in which case you must provide a furnished room with all the listed amenities and two beds to accommodate your two students.
If you are interested in becoming an ILSC homestay family, please contact the ILSC's homestay representative in your city:
- Vancouver: +1.604.844.7829 or email: Accommodations.Vancouver[at]ilsc[dot]com
- Toronto: +1.416.323.1770 or email: Accommodations.Toronto[at]ilsc[dot]com
- Montreal: +1.514.876.4572 or email: Accommodations.Montreal[at]ilsc[dot]com
- Sydney: +61.2.9247.1744 or email: Haylie.Clark[at]ilsc[dot]com
- Melbourne: +61.3.8595.8480 or email: Chay.Suppapinyaroj[at]ilsc[dot]com
- Brisbane: +61.7.3220.0144 or email: Cristiane.DeOliveira[at]ilsc[dot]com