The University Pathway Program Coordinator is an integral part of the University Pathway Team in a thriving ESL school for international students. Students in the University Pathway Program have an end goal of transferring to a College or University. The program allows for students to transfer without having to do an English Proficiency test as agreements have been made with a number of College/University Partners. The position reports to the National University Pathway Director in the Vancouver office.
The position works closely with the University Pathway Student Advisor in Vancouver, other University Pathway student advisors and coordinators across Canada, as well as ILSC registrars and student service coordinators, Marketers and Agents to support University Pathway students while they are at ILSC, while they prepare to go to a Partner and during their transition.
Duties may change and be renegotiated from time to time. They will generally include:
- Student applications- helping students to complete applications to partner schools; meeting with students to prepare applications; receiving applications from marketers, counselors and agents; sending documents to partner schools and following up.
- Student Counseling – explaining post-secondary education system in Canada; providing information about different programs and partner options
- Class and attendance Monitoring –ensuring students are taking the correct classes and monitoring rates of absenteeism
- Partner Tours, presentations & other program initiatives – organizing appointments and initiatives for the program
- Student Engagement post ILSC – following up with students after they transfer to a partner school, collecting data, testimonials
- University Pathway Graduation – preparation & organization – includes coordinating guest speakers for the graduation ceremonies.
- Facilitating Orientation sessions – organizing and presenting information about the students’ responsibilities and opportunities
- Liaising with the Marketing Department – to promote the program at local education fairs, presentations & training to agents; organizing partner training for Marketers
- Reports – providing monthly reports on enrolment, transfers to partners and other relevant data.
- Responding to Inquiries – from ILSC staff, agents, partner schools and prospective students
- Other tasks as they arise
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in an ESL environment
- Genuinely concerned with the welfare, academic progress and personal growth of students & able to offer appropriate advice
- Proficient knowledge of database, EXCEL, word processing, email, presentation software, basic accounting
- Works effectively in a fast paced environment and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the Post-Secondary Education System in Canada
- Experience communicating with ESL learners, other departments
- Positive attitude, ability to multi-task, willingness to learn and take on new duties and responsibilities
- A team player that works well independently with minimal supervision
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of another language also an asset.
- A strong supporter of ILSC’s corporate ethos and culture.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment.