ILSC-Vancouver is currently seeking a Student Services Coordinator. This role is a part of the overall student services team, assisting both current and future students, helping increase local business and introducing new ideas, giving administrative support to the school, ensuring the smooth running of student activities around the school, including orientations and graduations and ensuring that campuses are maintained to a high standard. The Student Services Coordinator reports to the Student Services Manager.
Student and visitor inquiries:
- Ensuring excellent customer service to everyone, always
- Assisting students with inquiries, including course inquiries, class locations, procedures
- Answering the phone/forwarding calls/ taking messages
- Assisting prospective students with information about the school and programs
- Advising students on their study plans, and extending to ILSC, Greystone or partner programs
- Assisting current students with any questions or issues they have on non-academic areas
- Taking tuition, homestay payments, and agent payments.
- Cashing out cash register and create spreadsheet for payments at the end of the day.
- Registering students for various tests, taking payment and providing candidates with test information. Updating the Program Director on registrations.
School community and social media:
Assist the Administrative Services Manager in school community and social media tasks, including:
- Overseeing student ambassadors
- Leading and working on agreed community projects
- Collecting and posting information for social media
- Assisting Program Directors and other managers with agreed tasks and projects
- Invigilating tests
- Helping teachers with the photocopier challenges
Intakes & Reports:
- Inputting new student assessment and class allocations
- Setting up the campus and preparing for student arrival
- Collecting and correcting tests
- Coordinating with students, teachers and Program Directors
- Printing and distributing new student’s timetables, student class lists, class activity lists and class assessment sheets for teachers; notifying other campuses to print reports.
- Projects assigned by the Student Services Manager
- Complete any courier requests, including exam papers. Update records and inform appropriate person when request is complete.
- Calling for service on the photocopier and placing order for all the photocopiers and printers
- Update and maintain teacher’s trays. Print and distribute timesheets and memos as requested.
- Completing sessional campus checks
- Maintaining all billboards and posters to be in good condition throughout the campus
- Other related duties as assigned by the Administrative Services Manager
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of another language, especially Spanish, Japanese or Korean
Education and Experience Required
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Experience in student services/administration, preferably in an international environment
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to David.Matthews[at]ilsc[dot]com with STUDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR - YOUR NAME in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.