As a member of the Registration team, the Registrar is responsible for all aspects of student registrations. This includes but are not limited to working directly with students, ILSC’s marketing, homestay/accommodations team and with our external agency partners to ensure a positive and seamless experience for all new students enrolling with ILSC Education Group. This role will also be responsible for credit control and collection of student and agency fees.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and entering all applications into the school administration system (Odyssey)
- Assessing each application for completeness and responding to questions from the student or their agency
- Tracking applications through the entire registration process, ensuring that all subsequent changes and information is accurate and complete in Odyssey
- Responding to inquiries within ILSC’s response policy and/or redirecting inquiries to the appropriate representative within the school
- Advising on ILSC policies and procedures, as it relates to the student enrollment
- Maintaining accurate and complete student files and records, as required by the school’s accrediting body, including add/drop/cancellation logs
- Providing student or their agent with invoices
- Collecting and processing payment before or on student arrival. Accurately identifying and documenting payments (credit card, wire transfer, cash or cheque) received
- Assisting with preparing documents and information for orientation. Presenting information to new students on their first day
- Creating and distributing reports from Odyssey to support the work of accommodations, academic or accounting teams, school directors and other senior management
- Working on various projects individually or with the team to enhance the registration process
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Strong team player
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret documents written by non-native speakers of English, transcripts and financial information
- Ability to write clearly, professionally while being sensitive to the needs of students and clients
- Fluency in other language is an asset, especially Spanish or Portuguese
Post-secondary education preferred
- 1-2 years administrative office/customer service experience is required
- Previous registration/student services and/or administrative software is an asset
- Ability to calculate percentages, discounts and commissions is an asset
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office, including excel for reporting is an asset
Please submit your resume to Viktoriya Polyanskikh at vikotoriya.polyanskikh[at]ilsc[dot]com
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.