We are seeking a Program Director to join our Academic team at ILSC-Toronto, sharing our goal of creating a transformational learning environment for students and instructors. Operating in a dynamic work environment, this role manages a team of teachers in a unionized school, and works closely with them to ensure our students have a transformative learning experience. Each program director may be assigned specific programs and projects.
- Work with the Academic Director and fellow PDs in:
- developing and communicating the academic direction of the school, new programs and courses, and teaching methodologies;
- creating and promoting an innovative, inclusive and supportive teaching and learning environment.
- Ensure high academic standards and an engaged team by:
- assisting the Academic Director in staffing decisions, recruitment and onboarding of teachers;
- reviewing and responding to learner and teacher feedback, and evaluating and developing teachers;
- working with teachers to continually improve the classroom and staffroom experience;
- communicating with teachers, through team meetings, one on one and other methods;
- involving the team with broader school engagement and activities.
- Ensure a good learner experience by:
- assessing and placing students in classes;
- reviewing and responding to student academic progress and feedback;
- providing academic counselling and giving students clear academic direction.
- Ensure efficient and effective programs by:
- providing well-planned teacher scheduling on a monthly basis;
- ensuring all administrative tasks are completed on a timely basis;
- training staff on administrative duties
- scheduling supply teachers on a daily basis.
- Other duties as required.
- Undergraduate Degree
- TESL Canada or TESL Ontario certification
- DELTA or a Master’s Degree in TESL, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years teaching experience in a recognized ESL school
- Management experience in an international education environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to set goals, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a dynamic team
Desired qualifications & skills:
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Teacher training experience
Please submit resume and cover letter to Suzanne Soares at suzanne.soares[at]ilsc[dot]com by March 22nd.
OUR CORE VALUES:
At ILSC Education Group,
The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We deliver academic excellence, inspire growth and transform lives.
We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.