Greystone College Vancouver is currently seeking an enthusiastic, digital savvy, community-builder to join our team in the role of Marketing and Communications Assistant.
As Marketing and Communications Assistant, you will be responsible for building community on and off-campus, and developing engaging content for Greystone College’s various online channels.
Our ideal candidate will be proficient in social media channel management, have experience in digital marketing, and be a skilled communicator, able to liaise effectively with students, colleagues, upper management, and external partners in order to get and share the most engaging stories and content, and to coordinate fun community building events, online and off.
If you’re a make-it-happen type of person, able to actively reach out to people to create great content, and are excited to help our students share their Greystone experiences, then you might be the person we’re looking for!
Campus Community Building
- Organize regular on-campus activities to connect students outside of class, and to provide staff with community building opportunities.
- Create and implement alumni engagement strategy
Global Community Building
- Connect with Community Coordinators at 9 other worldwide school locations to organize community building events that run at all campuses.
Communications Strategy Management
- Social media channels management
- Regularly capture fun, inspiring and transformative student experiences in videos, photos and writing, and share on digital platforms including FB pages and Instagram accounts, YouTube channel, Blog, and monthly e-newsletter.
- Content creation/curation
- Source and develop shareable copy and images targeted to various market segments (both internal and external). Develop blog strategies and content calendars; produce and write blog content according to the calendar (and liaise with external content writers, on occasion).
- Social Media Analytics/Strategies
- Regularly review social media analytics, and use this information to refine and improve digital marketing strategies and techniques to achieve goals effectively. Create periodic analytic reports for review by management.
- Digital Marketing
Assist with developing various online marketing campaigns in cooperation with the ILSC Education Group digital marketing team, and assess and report on results. Utilize a range of techniques including paid search, SEO and PPC. Assist with online branding campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Website Content Maintenance
- Support with Greystone Website content updates and changes, using a Drupal CMS system. Some HTML and CSS familiarity is considered an asset.
- Customer Service
- Field questions and respond to client questions on social media platforms, ensuring that inquiries or questions are taken care of promptly.
- Respond to all domestic inquiries
- Follow up on leads generated through various communications strategies
- Actively participate on the organizing committees for various school events such as graduations, corporate social responsibility events, fundraisers and more.
The ideal candidate will bring passion to the role and be able to invigorate campus life.
Specific skills required include:
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practices
- Digital marketing experience
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- A charismatic connector, able to liaise among multiple stakeholders
- A friendly and outgoing “people person”
- Social media savvy
- Experience running online campaigns with proven conversion results
- Experience with various PPC advertising platforms including Facebook and Google ads
- Experience with content management systems (we use WordPress & Drupal)
- Familiar with SEO practices
- Experience in event coordination both on and off line.
- Basic HTML and CSS an asset
- Education in marketing and communications or a related field, preferred
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Andrea.Sebova[at]greystonecollege[dot]com
Why work with us?
ILSC fosters an adaptive, collaborative and supportive community where talented staff engage and connect to bring to life our vision and mission.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.