The Director of Student Recruitment is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating recruitment strategies for graduate and undergraduate Pathway (Foundation) programs offered at ILSC GlobalFoundations’ partner institutions.
The Director will be responsible for supervising or coordinating the recruitment efforts of various people and teams:
- Supervise the global enrollment management efforts of several recruiters
- Directly supervise dedicated ILSC GlobalFoundations marketers operating in Pathway-specific markets
- Coordinate the Pathway-related recruiting activities of ILSC Education Group marketers.
The Director of Student Recruitment main objective is to expand the reach of ILSC GlobalFoundations among prospective international students nationally and internationally.
- Proposing, executing and evaluating global outreach strategies for the student recruitment team
- Coordinating global program recruiting strategy
- Selecting and working with agents to execute the global recruiting strategy for each of ILSC GlobalFoundations’ partner programs
- Recommending strategies and implementing targeted outreach to potential students
- Application lifecycle management, and enrollment data auditing
- Supervising recruitment staff and working with admissions staff to ensure prompt and continuous engagement with agents and prospective students
- Working with recruitment staff and agent personnel to plan and hold on-the-ground and virtual open houses and student events
- Developing and monitoring metrics to gauge success of recruiting efforts
- Utilizing customer relationship management (CRM) tools to plan and execute communication plans for prospective students that incorporate advertising, direct mail, e-mail, and social media strategies
- Developing relationships with key University Partner stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and at least 8-10 years of international university student recruitment experience, with extensive experience working with international agent channels to recruit into both large and small institutions. Experience in non-agent recruiting methods with proven successful results will be considered in lieu of agent channel experience. Ideally, candidate will possess experience in both approaches.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise in developing international marketing and communication strategies for student recruitment.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and evaluate cost-effective international student recruitment programs.
- Computer skills, and proficiency with database management.
- Direct experience with Pathways program recruitment.
- Extensive network of agent contacts globally, especially in China and Southeast Asia.
- Knowledge of social media strategies, and their practical use in recruiting students.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work with a diverse constituent population.
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willing to travel internationally.
- Willing to work nights and weekends, as needed
Please send your cover letter and resume to: Rick.Rattray[at]ilsc[dot]com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About ILSC GlobalFoundations
ILSC GlobalFoundations delivers on-campus language training and foundation programs in collaboration with partner universities, and is the newest division of the ILSC Education Group.
About ILSC Education Group
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests.
Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.