This is a permanent position involving day-to-day management of Greystone College’s Evening Academic staff and programs. The Evening Program Director of Greystone College reports to the Academic Director at Greystone-Vancouver.
Duties may change and be renegotiated from time to time. They will generally include:
Instructor Support and Academic Management
- Assist in determining the staffing needs for each session, including hiring and laying-off. Maintain a current substitute list and orient substitute teachers.
- Provide teacher support in effective strategies for teaching courses within the designated program(s).
- Provide ongoing support and counselling to teachers in the areas of curriculum, methodology, and class management through class visits and regular evaluative consultations and meetings.
- Assist in curriculum development projects.
- Oversee and support TESOL / CELTA programs and practicum
- Administration of the Learning Management System – instructor support and training.
- Support students through academic counselling
- Review and evaluate all student evaluation tools (learner feedback surveys, Monthly Lesson Plans, monthly tests).
- Liaise with student advisors and instructors regarding student concerns.
- Carry out assessments of new students
- Conduct entry interviews to determine suitability and admissibility into programs.
- Coordinate maintenance tasks with Facilities coordinator
- Security, Health and Safety procedures
- Undergraduate degree and PID (Provincial Instructors Diploma) or equivalent.
- TESL Canada qualifications as practicum supervisor and experience.
- Experience in the Career College Sector and knowledge of the industry is desirable.
- Formal training in curriculum development
- Experience in instructional design, learning and development, or related field
- Extensive administrative use and support of a learning management system, preferably Moodle.
- Genuine concern for the welfare, academic progress and personal growth of students & able to offer appropriate academic counseling or advice
- An effective administrator able to self-manage, prioritize tasks and manage time, manage records, and write reports, agreements and other texts
- A strong supporter of ILSC Education Group’s corporate ethos and culture
Submit resume and cover letter to grace.pyo[at]greystonecollege[dot]com . Position needs to be filled asap. Only those shortlisted will be contacted. Please include the items below.
- An outline of the skills and experience you can bring to this position
- How this role will
- Advance your own professional development and career
- Contribute to the success of our Greystone College students and strengthen the ILSC Education Group community
Greystone College is part of the ILSC Education Group, which has been offering students quality language learning and vocational training programs since 1991.
Greystone College is a private vocational school established in 2002, and is proud to deliver premier quality career and vocational training in a stimulating, cross-cultural environment. We offer vocational training programs in Business, Tourism and Hospitality, Interpreting and Translation, and TESOL, and have location in Vancouver, Toronto, and New Delhi.
Students who train at Greystone College enjoy a supportive, challenging and dynamic learning experience, and leave with career skills that enable them to complete and succeed in the changing global market.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request.