With a demonstrated commitment to continuing education, academic excellence and a creative entrepreneurial vision, the Director, ILSC New Delhi will be responsible for providing exceptional leadership and expertise in operations, curricular and instructional areas, strategic planning, program development and management.
Reporting to the senior management of ILSC Education Group, the Director will be responsible for the day to day school operations including; overseeing marketing and sales, overseeing successful program delivery and quality control (academics, accommodations, student activities, and other programs), recruiting and hiring, staff mentoring & training including performance reviews, administration of the physical site, student support, budget control and maintaining compliance with regulatory bodies for ILSC New Delhi.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
ADMINISTRATIVE, REGULATORY & FINANCE FUNCTIONS
- Developing and administering quality control procedures and resolving client/staff/agent issues
- Preparing financial analyses for new and ongoing programs
- Adapting and administering sessional and other processes to measure student satisfaction and respond accordingly
- Overseeing the school’s operations, including developing and controlling the school budget, and other key financial metrics, including reviewing monthly financial reports to assess the profitability of the school and its programmes
ORGANIZATIONAL & HUMAN RESOURCE FUNCTIONS
- Recruiting, hiring, training and developing administrative staff and faculty
- Developing strategic, developmental, and capacity plans for ILSC- New Delhi
- Analysing all operational systems and making adjustments logically and efficiently
- Developing and maintaining school level policies and procedures, including understanding relevant HR policies and legal obligations in India
- Ensuring clear and compassionate communications to staff, including inspiring a positive team spirit and a supportive, nurturing learning community
ACADEMIC & CURRICULUM FUNCTIONS
- Protecting the ILSC brand as a genuine symbol of academic excellence and compassionate learning
- Participating in the development of programs in response to market research and budgetary realities
- Developing customised, student-centred programmes for special groups or clients as required
- Overseeing the development of new courses, curricula, and their implementation
- Observing and evaluating the quality of teaching provided at ILSC, and other factors that affect academic success, such as teaching materials and supplies, learning technology and comfortable physical space
SALES & MARKETING FUNCTIONS
- Developing local and online marketing and researching local marketing opportunities and risks
- Building relationships with important partners and promoting ILSC
- Providing support for corporate social responsibility programs, including the signature Learn to Earn program, which funds charitable scholarships for young women in financial need
STUDENT, AGENT SERVICES & OPERATIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Developing, adapting and maintaining efficient systems and services and procedures, including registrations, accommodations, orientation, extra-curricular programming, and meeting relevant KPI targets as required
- Hosting agent visits and school tours, and interacting with the students and staff to set a friendly and proactive example
- Dealing with all complaints promptly and professionally
- Unwavering personal integrity and professional ethics
- Passionate commitment to high quality, compassionate, student-focused education
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills/experience
- Measured, logical response to conflict and stress, including stresses that are typical to running a business in India, or similar business environments
- Energetic, entrepreneurial, and adaptable personality
- An innovative approach to business planning and efficient operations
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Proactive with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent English communication skills a must, both written and spoken, no exceptions
- Degree in a related field, such as education, communications, or business administration
- 5 years' full-time management experience in a related field such as international education, business administration, NGO sector, preferably a combination of Indian and International experience preferred
- 3 years' full-time experience in ESL teaching, curriculum design and testing and evaluation
- Applicants who already possess Indian work status / PAN card preferred; sponsorship of employment visa for foreign nationals possible
- Demonstrated record of program development, maintaining academic quality standards, and supporting new and existing programs and services
- Demonstrated record of overseeing financial and business operations and supervising professional administrative and instructional employees
- In addition to English fluency, other language abilities also a bonus, especially in French and Hindi
- Ability to travel a must; extensive travel experience a bonus
- Solid familiarity with Excel is useful, experience with accounting, statistical analysis a bonus
- Creative talent in the use of social media, photography and video a bonus
- Any past experience with ILSC Education Group or its affiliates a bonus
Please send detailed resume, cover letter, references/letters of recommendation to Mark Branov at Mark.Branov[at]ilsc[dot]in.
Be sure to include work status in India and availability; remuneration rates based upon qualifications and experience.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s CORE VALUES
- We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
- We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
- We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
ABOUT ILSC-NEW DELHI
ILSC-New Delhi was founded in 2007, as a part of ILSC Education Group. It serves a mix of international and local students, including language training courses in English, French, and Hindi. It also offers accommodations, activities, and Guided Tours of India. In addition, it operates a TESOL program on behalf of Greystone College, as well as an offsite corporate training program, which serves multinational companies, Indian universities, and the diplomatic community in New Delhi.
As part of ILSC’s strong commitment to corporate social responsibility, ILSC-ND also operates the Learn to Earn charitable sponsorship program on behalf of the entire company. This involves connecting with generous donors via our partner schools, and funding English language training, work skills training, workshops, stipends and paid internships for young women from unprivileged communities in New Delhi.